Regular Contributor
Greetings.
A few years ago I self-published a book as a personal memoir and did not have it professionally proofed or edited.
Now I wish to have it rewritten in hopes of having it published and was ndering who I should go to that would be the most affordable.
Thank you in advance for any and all help and suggestions.
Honored Contributor

Re: In Search of a Ghost Writer

Sounds like a question for a publisher. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I suggest someone that is studying English either as a BA or at the graduate level. Now is a perfect time since summer is around the corner and most students are off. Visit the career center of a respected college or university and place a want ad.This is how my husband was able to get his first job in his field. 

Most schools have a writing center so ideally ask for someone that works there who will most likely have experience editing and proofreading papers etc. 

Good luck!!!!

~Live with Intention~
Super Contributor

@MissBonBon - I have a friend who ghost writes romance novels that are published on Amazon as Ebooks.  Apparently there's a fairly large industry of individuals interested in having other indviduals write books for them.  Go figure!!  She found this opportunity through a website.  So if you do some googling, you can probably find ghost writers available and willing to do what you are looking for.  Sorry that I don't know the name of the website she finds the writing jobs through.  Good luck to you ==

Regular Contributor

Thank you for your responses everyone!

I will definitely look into these suggestions. 

Honored Contributor

@MissBonBon wrote:
Greetings.
A few years ago I self-published a book as a personal memoir and did not have it professionally proofed or edited.
Now I wish to have it rewritten in hopes of having it published and was ndering who I should go to that would be the most affordable.
Thank you in advance for any and all help and suggestions.

@MissBonBon

You could call a Publisher .....   they must have some they can recommend.  If you live near a large city, call the Editor of that city's newspaper and ask if they know anyone locally that they'd recommend.   The English Dept of a nearby university could also be helpful.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I would reach out to @gardenman who is an accomplished author on these boards who most definitely can give you good advise.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

All of the advice you've gotten has been very good. Just a heads up though, don't expect too much in the way of sales no matter what. It's very likely that any money you spend on a ghost writer will be a bad investment that will never be recouped. With so many free books on the market, any book with a price tag is fighting an uphill battle these days. Even most of the free books don't get read as there are just so many of them out there these days.

A good word processing program can often help as much as anything. It'll highlight misspelled words, often show common grammatical errors, and even offer suggestions on how to fix them. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!