Trusted Contributor

If You Like Historical Fiction- WWII

Hi Everyone

Thanks for reading.  Literally!  Haha.

As my title states, if you like WWII stories and historical fiction, check out the The Paris Apartment, by Kelly Bowen.

It takes place in 2017, when a woman inherents an apartment from her grandmother.  Then flashes back and forth between 2017 and 1939-1943.

So good.  

Honored Contributor

Re: If You Like Historical Fiction- WWII

Thanks!  I requested if from our library.

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 

YAY!!!  Hope you enjoy!!  let me know!!

Respected Contributor

@justashopper  Just received the book this week.

Esteemed Contributor

@justashopper   That was an enjoyable book! Funny you would post this today. I just finished reading The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles, which is also a historical fiction. If you remember the Dewey Decimel System, card catalogs, signing the card in the back of the book before checking out, and other memories of libraries before computers this book is for you.

However, there is so much more: It is written in 1939 Paris when the Nazis march into the city to occupy France and interwoven with 1983 Montana when hints of the past surface and two neighbors (different generations) share a love of language, longings, intense jealousy; never realizing a secret connects them. 

Very well researched, documented, and excellent writing. Character development is superb. Recommend if you love spending time in a library and love reading about females role in the Resistance of WWII. The Paris Library played a major part in helping Jewish people maintain contact with news and others! Who knew?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I love books like this and have several, but always on the lookout for more.  Some are based on true stories, too.

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady 

WOWZA!!  That does sound like it is right up my alley.  Thank you.  I will definitely look for it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 This one is, too!  It's in the author's note.  It's a compilation of many people but she explains it. 

This is her first book.  I started following her on instagram and was interested in if she had other titles.  

hope you enjoy it!!

Trusted Contributor

@Janey2 

Hope you love it as much as I did.  I gave it to my mom.  She loved it, too.  We both cried,  

Trusted Contributor

Just finished the Paris Apartment and I loved it.  Got it based on your posting and I am now going to look into the Paris Library.  I have recently started Three Hours in Paris by Cara Black.  It is about an American markswoman recruited by British Intelligence. Just staring it but like it so far.

Oddly enough, I just happened to catch part of a movie about British women working for the Resistance in France.  It was a fairly recent movie (probably from 2016 - 2017) and darn if I cannot remember the name of it.  But it was pretty good.  That was a very interesting time in history and I enjoy learning more about it.