Respected Contributor

Re: IF YOU WERE GOING TO BUY A NEW EREADER, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

I really love my paperwhite.  However if I were to repurchase, I'd probably get the Voyage.  I am right handed, but I hold my book in my left hand.  I think being able to change the page with my left hand would be much handier.   I also think squeezing would be handier than swiping. 

Honored Contributor

MIMA, the great thing about the PW 2nd gen is that there is NO SWIPING needed! It's just a light touch to turn the page. I'm a lefty but have no probelm using my right hand to turn the page.

My sis, a couple years ago, upgraded from Kindle 3g to a PW 1st gen but hates the swiping so only uses her old Kindle 3g.  The PW2nd gen is MUCH better than the 1st generation PW IMO!

Valued Contributor

All touchscreen kindle can be tapped instead of swiped. Some people like to swipe, some like myself prefer to tap. If you are left handed like I am, to page forward you just need to tap the near the left side of the screen, too far left will take you a page back.

Honored Contributor

I am a lefty too, and only need to tap on the far right to turn the page!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm  so glad to be a Lefty!  I've been using a Kobo reader because it can be set up for Lefties & that feature is so great.  But I've  been also using the P.W. 2nd  Gen. & it's  not bad at all.  Now if I could cut myself off from good old books with paper pages, I would have it made...

Honored Contributor

Oh, I don't even have to think about this.  Kindle Fire HD.  I have a 2nd gen Kindle Fire  8 inch that I have owned for over 4 years and that thing is an iron horse!  it has never given me a momen'ts concern, I have some vision issues and i like that I can adjust the type, font, page color whenever I need to.  I think of it as my reader because I am a voracious reader and I haven't had to buy more than 3 or 4 paper books since I bought it.  But it hs my everything, it's with me constantly.  I actually bought several people the $49   7 inch Kindles Fires for Christmas and I was surprised to see how feather light they are now and the web is faster than mine.  So, now I am thinking about upgrading, perhaps to the 10.1 inch.  Thinking about it, sometime this year.  Right now I am perfectly happy with old faithful.