Trusted Contributor

Re: IF YOU WERE GOING TO BUY A NEW EREADER, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

Does anyone know if there will be a new generation Paperwhite and Voyage out before Christmas?  

Frequent Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@SAGal, the big difference to me is the e-ink on the ereader.  I don't like the glare off iPad.  I also have the full size iPad and find it too large to read comfortably.  To each their own.  I know a lot of people use iPad to read.  LM

That's good to know, Lilysmom.  I will look into it as I have always noticed the glare and it does bother me - just thought that was true for all devices!

Respected Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

Does anyone know if there will be a new generation Paperwhite and Voyage out before Christmas?  

I don't really know but I would say no because there already is a new paperwhite out.

Honored Contributor

@yock wrote:

Sooner, should have known you would be on top of things.  My Grands who share with me complain about all the books they have to wad through. Heck I say go to collections and make a folder. Mine is call read books.  It puts a check mark by my read books and they get off my main page.  Customer service guy taught me. Lol

GREAT idea!  THANK you!

Trusted Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

I don't really know but I would say no because there already is a new paperwhite out.

Do you mean a new one has come out since the holidays last year? I didn't realize that. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

THEY HAVE $30 off the paperwhite and the Voyage today!  I just bought the newest Paperwhite (yes, there was a new version recently) and wanted a Voyage but was waiting.  I got the paperwhite for $55 with some credits and coupons and a trade in, so I'll probably keep it too.  I've had it only a couple of weeks I think!

I ordered the Voyage--I can send one back or keep both!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paperwhite. The Voyage isn't an improvement IMO. In the real world the PPI difference is very small, and I have no interest in the auto adjusting light or the turn buttons. I don't think the differences are worth the price either. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

LOL!!!  I jumped on that.  Now the new one isn't light years ahead of the old one, but it is better!  SO, I'm fishing for a deal on the Voyage in the upcoming shopping season.  WHy not have more than one?  I usually read more than one book at a time!

I need to find something else to trade in don't I?  Thanks for the kind words!  I thought it was a great deal! LESS than half price!!!!!!  Regular price that is! 

I have to ask.....Why do you need to have two ereaders to read more than one book at a time?  I only have one paperwhite and I can go back and forth between two books.  I just open the one I want to read and it saves my place from where I left off.

I'm not being critical of you.  I just want to know if I'm understanding right.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mima wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

LOL!!!  I jumped on that.  Now the new one isn't light years ahead of the old one, but it is better!  SO, I'm fishing for a deal on the Voyage in the upcoming shopping season.  WHy not have more than one?  I usually read more than one book at a time!

I need to find something else to trade in don't I?  Thanks for the kind words!  I thought it was a great deal! LESS than half price!!!!!!  Regular price that is! 

I have to ask.....Why do you need to have two ereaders to read more than one book at a time?  I only have one paperwhite and I can go back and forth between two books.  I just open the one I want to read and it saves my place from where I left off.

Thanks.

@mima

No problem--LOTS of reasons actually.  I have a two story house, I work, I travel a lot for work and pleasure, sometimes my hubby ready a book off of mine, sometimes I'm reading two or three things at a time.  Sometimes the Kindle gets left at work or upstairs, or in a bag or purse I am carrying, etc.  And also, reading more than one book at a time. . . 

Bottom line, I guess because I AM LAZY?  I am forgetful? I keep two, trade in the oldest one for another one to upgrade. . . All of the above?  I like to read in bed, so these are great; like to read at the beach; or outside. 

I a in love with the new Voyage, and will post a separate thread about it.  I just ordered hubby one!  He has done some really special things and needs a special gift of thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Thanks.

@mima

No problem--LOTS of reasons actually.  I have a two story house, I work, I travel a lot for work and pleasure, sometimes my hubby ready a book off of mine, sometimes I'm reading two or three things at a time.  Sometimes the Kindle gets left at work or upstairs, or in a bag or purse I am carrying, etc.  And also, reading more than one book at a time. . . 

Bottom line, I guess because I AM LAZY?  I am forgetful? I keep two, trade in the oldest one for another one to upgrade. . . All of the above?  I like to read in bed, so these are great; like to read at the beach; or outside. 

I a in love with the new Voyage, and will post a separate thread about it.  I just ordered hubby one!  He has done some really special things and needs a special gift of thanks.

Oh, I totally get it.  I thought you were saying you needed two to read two books.  Got it!

Oh, for those reason above, when I get a new Kindle I'm always going to sell the old one and then I don't.  At least you trade yours in.  I keep them!

I have two at work and two at home.

I can't remember, did you buy the paperwhite before?  If you did, can you compare the paperwhite vs. the voyage?   Thanks.

Even if you didn't get the paperwhite, I'll look for your voyage review.

Thanks!