Honored Contributor

I've ordered a Kindle Paperwhite on Cyber Monday.

I've been debating this for days now and finally bit the bullet today. The price is pretty good, but not great ($104.99) but you can also opt for four free months of Kindle Unlimited (about a $40 value) so I opted for that bundle and will retire my old Kindle Keyboard. It's well past time for an upgrade. I'll decide after four months whether to keep the Kindle Unlimited or not. It should be here on Wednesday (or so) and I'll have a new toy to play with.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: I've ordered a Kindle Paperwhite on Cyber Monday.

Enjoy the new toy! I think you will very much like using the new one and won't regret retiring the older model. If you read a lot and enjoy books or other materials on the screen, the Unlimited may turn out to be a good value for you. You have most of the winter months ahead to evaluate your usuage and take advantage of the offer.  Real nice after the holidays, when things quiet down and the weather is crummy to keep you indoors.

Have fun. Happy reading!

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

I've had Kindle Unlimited since it started.  For me, it's worth it. 

Enjoy your new Kindle.

-------------------------------------------------

@gardenman wrote:

I've been debating this for days now and finally bit the bullet today. The price is pretty good, but not great ($104.99) but you can also opt for four free months of Kindle Unlimited (about a $40 value) so I opted for that bundle and will retire my old Kindle Keyboard. It's well past time for an upgrade. I'll decide after four months whether to keep the Kindle Unlimited or not. It should be here on Wednesday (or so) and I'll have a new toy to play with.

Super Contributor

I retired my keyboard for the paperwhite last year and wow what a difference!!!  I kept sayin that it is so cute. I am sure you will enjoy it.

It is a good time to try the unlimited in the winter months when there is not much to do except maybe some Big Brother Smiley Wink  

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your new Kindle. I have a generation Kindle, with the touch screen, not keyboard. It's about 4 years old, and occasionally I get reminders to upgrade it.  

I haven't decided to get a new Kindle since the one I have works for me. If sometime I change my mind, how easy is it to download books from the older Kindle to the new one? I'm thinking you would have to sync it with the internet first. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Enjoy your new Kindle. I have a generation Kindle, with the touch screen, not keyboard. It's about 4 years old, and occasionally I get reminders to upgrade it.  

I haven't decided to get a new Kindle since the one I have works for me. If sometime I change my mind, how easy is it to download books from the older Kindle to the new one? I'm thinking you would have to sync it with the internet first. 

From what I understand, it's very easy. (I'll find out in a few days.) It comes linked to my account so in theory, everything should either be there, or find its way there once connected to my WiFi.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw 

I have three kindles (an old original, an early paperwhte and a newer paperwhite - and move books between them frequently.   I have WiFi.

The books are in your library and you just download as needed.    

Alternatvely- you can go to Amazon Accounts / Manage Contents and Devices  - and just delete or "deliver" to another device.  

ETA:  If you just want to remove a book from the Kindle and not delete t from your library - you do that from the Kindle "home page."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@teganslaw wrote:

Valued Contributor

@gardenman I just bought a new Fire 10 last week. I got it Saturday and it took all of 10 minutes to transfer my old info to my new one. I got the 20% trade in coupon and gift card so my total was $54. I load tons of free books from Amazon so my old Fire 7 couldn't handle it anymore.I would have had to add more memory.I figured since it was 6 years old,time for an upgrade. I love the big screen. Enjoy your new reader.

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman I have several kindles one of which is a "Paperwhite"  I love all of them.  The paperwhite is my go to if I'm going somewhere that I need to pass time with.  It's small enough to fit in almost all my handbags, and weighs practically nothing.  It has travelled with me anytime I think I will need a "book".  I also have the Kindle app on my iphone so I can read if for some reason I forget to pack it.  Smiley Happy If you can't tell I LOVE to read! 

Honored Contributor

Delivery is now set for Friday, so I've still got a few days to wait for it. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!