Honored Contributor

I may have solved my CD player problem

by getting a Kindle Ereader with bluetooth earbuds.  

Those of you that have the Ereader, how do you like it?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: I may have solved my CD player problem

That's a good idea. I'm afraid libraries will stop supplying books on CD's even though I still like to listen that way. My 2016 SUV no longer has  CD player which I am not happy about.

Super Contributor

I LOVE my Kindles (I have 2). You can check out books from the library and there are so many free books. It’s a great way to find new authors. I have the Oasis because it has the option of using the buttons to turn the page instead of the touchscreen. Just make sure that the model that you are considering has the Bluetooth option, some don’t. It’s so much easier to hold and take with you. 

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920................The one I am considering is an inexpensive one that Amazon recommends and it is bluetooth compatible.

Thanks for your advise I appreciate it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie, I have been using an ereader for 8 years...can’t believe it is that long.  I LOVE mine.  Enjoy.  LM

Regular Contributor

Odd are, what you are going to buy is a Kindle Fire (the tablet), not the e-reader. There isn't an inexpensive e-reader that offers what you are looking for...

A Kindle Fire is a great option for you, however!  Now you can download apps like Overdrive, Audible, and Libby for all of your audio book needs! Enjoy :-)

Honored Contributor

@SparklesMcGee...............hi, I got the 79.99 kindle Ereader and used it for the first time yesterday.  When I buy the bluetooth earbuds I will be able to listen to  books, but it does cost extra.  Its is cheaper than buying CD's that I can only listen to in the car.

Regular Contributor

@Imaoldhippie

I didn't know that the new version of the kindle had built-in Audible!  How wonderful for you :-)

Enjoy listening to all of your books.