Super Contributor

I'm not sure my reading suggestions were posted?? So, forgive me if it was. :)

I've been into psychological suspense thrillers, if it's not your genre, I would skip my post.  I find this genre is pure escapism for me, and I've been dealing with a future retirement, relocation and other various issues. 

Here's my list:

The Unluckiest Girl Alive

Black Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin

The Murderer's Daughter by Jonathan Kellerman

The Daughter by Jane Shemilt

Under Your Skin by Sabine Durant

The Good Neighbor by A. J. Banner

Defending Jacob by William Landay

The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison

In a Dark, Dark Woods by Ruth Ware

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica

The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Kirk

In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

The Murder's Daughter by Jonathan Kellerman

Remember Me This Way by Sabine Durant

Ruby

Valued Contributor

Re: I'm not sure my reading suggestions were posted?? So, forgive me if it was. :)

Thank you, any suggestions for murder mysteries?  

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm not sure my reading suggestions were posted?? So, forgive me if it was. :)

Hi, Ruby.  You've been a busy readerSmiley Happy

I enjoyed Defending Jacob, Everything I never Told You and The Girl on the Train.  I was on the fence about The Good Wife.

I'm going to check out a few more of your titles.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RubyinNE wrote:

I've been into psychological suspense thrillers, if it's not your genre, I would skip my post.  I find this genre is pure escapism for me, and I've been dealing with a future retirement, relocation and other various issues. 

Here's my list:

The Unluckiest Girl Alive

The Murderer's Daughter by Jonathan Kellerman

The Good Neighbor by A. J. Banner

Defending Jacob by William Landay

The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison

In a Dark, Dark Woods by Ruth Ware

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica

The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Kirk

In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

The Murder's Daughter by Jonathan Kellerman

Remember Me This Way by Sabine Durant

Ruby

Hi Ruby, I read all the books I highlighted in red, and several others are on my list to read. I just took out Under Your Skin by Sabine Durant, so it's now on my Kindle. It appears we enjoy the same type of books. Check out my list on the thread with our favorite books for 2015, and I think you'll find a few you may be interested in. 

Happy Reading!

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Sunny, 

I will have to check out your suggestions.  What does that say about us that we like such disturbing books? Smiley Happy I'm a very peaceful person, and maybe it's a vicarious thrill. For me it is pure escapism. With all the changes in my life, these somewhat disturbing books have given me a place I can go. 

Really, everything is fine.  My daughter is having her second baby, a girl, in a month. Her family is happy and thriving, and I am thrilled for them. We are moving to NJ, a family decision.  I retire from teaching at the end of this school year, and then we sell our home, which is a whole other process.  Again, I will have to check your list. Looking at what I posted, you have many good books to choose from what I've posted. All of these books deliver.  I promise.  

Thanks for posting, Sunny!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Tansy!  

Nice hearing from you! Yes, I've been a busy reader.

I am positive you will find some good books on my list!

I'm going to go back to see what others have recommended. This new format is a little confusing, but I can handle it. Smiley Happy

Ruby  *I'm not sure why I can't give you a heart, but I tried. 

Super Contributor

Hi Miranda!

Most of the books I've listed have that element in them.

I especially enjoyed: In a Dark Dark Woods by Ruth Ware.

Imagine a group of English people meeting for a "hen party," and they are not sure why they are invited. The setting is a big glass house, in the middle of the woods. It is winter.  I don't want to give it away, but I found it chilling.

Esteemed Contributor

@RubyinNE wrote:

Hi Sunny, 

I will have to check out your suggestions.  What does that say about us that we like such disturbing books? Smiley Happy I'm a very peaceful person, and maybe it's a vicarious thrill. For me it is pure escapism. With all the changes in my life, these somewhat disturbing books have given me a place I can go. 

Really, everything is fine.  My daughter is having her second baby, a girl, in a month. Her family is happy and thriving, and I am thrilled for them. We are moving to NJ, a family decision.  I retire from teaching at the end of this school year, and then we sell our home, which is a whole other process.  Again, I will have to check your list. Looking at what I posted, you have many good books to choose from what I've posted. All of these books deliver.  I promise.  

Thanks for posting, Sunny!

Hi Ruby, it's been quite a while, hasn't it? How exciting that you will be getting another grandchild to adore! 

I  have a feeling that New Jersey is going to be a big change for you. Now you will be living on my coast! I wish you and your family the very best of good luck. 

It's wonderful to see you again.

Sunny 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett