Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have tried. I just don't like ebooks.:(

@deerfeeder wrote:

I LOVE to read. I would rather read than eat, sleep, or smoke cigarettes. But I just don't like ebooks. I prefer a real book in my hands. Anyone else not inrto digital books?

@deerfeeder  I agree.....there's just something about holding that book in your hands.  But then, I'm old Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I would much rather have a book in my hands. I have been reading e-books also. I am thinking maybe I will get use to it. I'd prefer going to the liabrary. Not sure when mine will open back up, or when I will feel comfortable going back in and just browsin around. 

Valued Contributor

I agree.  I love to read a real book, but I have Kindle App on my Ipad, and I use that these days. Several pros to ebooks; they take up no space in my home, and I can take my entire library with me wherever I go. So, unless I receive a "real" book as a gift, it's ebooks for me.

Respected Contributor

I love ebooks.  I mainly read on my laptop.  But I like my Kindle or tablet for when I travel.

I did just pre order two new books by Kate Anderson Brower though - there are lots of pictures in her books.  

Regular Contributor

I do both. I prefer to hold the actual book. But the ebooks are so convenient.đź“–

Honored Contributor

Although I have books on my iPad to read while traveling, I much prefer the feel of a real book in my hands, physically turning the pages, etc. Something comfortable, and perhaps comforting, about it. Seems more personal when I have a book in my hands.

Super Contributor

Personally, I love my Kindle! It's easy to hold, easy to read at night in bed, easy to get books from the library, from Amazon, and a ton of other places. It's easier to read than on my iPad or holding an actual book, especially a hard cover. One of the best inventions ever in my opinion. I only read an actual book if that's the only option. 

Respected Contributor

For those of us who cannot physically hold a book,

ebooks are a GREAT blessing. I can prop up iPad and 

Kindle and use library e services.

Honored Contributor

I also prefer to hold a paper book.  But I don't like to buy them so the library is essential and, going forward, taking e-books out of the library may be safer than taking out paper books..

Respected Contributor

I read. A lot. I average about 6 books a month. There's nothing I would rather do than read a book.

I never tried an ebook and never will. Have absolutely no desire for it.

I love the feel of a real book in my hand. I love to turn the pages. I love to see them piled up waiting for me to read. I love all the pretty bookmarks I've collected over the years.

When ebooks first appeared on the scene, I figured paper books would slowly be phased out. I'm glad to see that I was wrong. Years ago I had a friend who worked in Barnes & Noble and she told me that paper books wouldn't be going anywhere. Smiley Happy

I have alot of friends like me who love to read. None of them have ebooks. I guess we're all just a bunch of dinosaurs, LOL!