Regular Contributor

I am considering an I-Pad but have no clue about purchasing books for it, as I do with my Kindle.  

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@travelin grandma wrote:

I am considering an I-Pad but have no clue about purchasing books for it, as I do with my Kindle.  

I get lots of books including obscure textbooks, through iBooks. The process for purchasing is the same as purchasing music through iTunes.

I am totally non-tech, so I'd guess f I can do it, you can too.

On my iPad I can often add articles I come across to iBooks to save them, a very handy tool for keeping good reading together.

Frequent Contributor

You can also borrow library books on your iPad.  Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

@travelin grandma wrote:

you can add the kindle app for the ipad,

and read on both, 

the app will sync between them

IMO it's best to keep all your books in one format,  I think you can't put a book you have purchased thru itunes/books in your kindle.

and Amazon has a huge amount of books anyway

Regular Contributor

just add the Kindle app to your iPad.  All of the books you have previously purchased will also be available from the cloud.  I can sync between my iPad and iPhone.  Very convenient.

Occasional Contributor

I use the Nook app on my iPad. All of my books in Nook (prior to having an iPad), can be accessed on iPad with Nook app. I also got the Overdrive app & the Libby app. Both allow me to use my library card to create an account with my local library & check out e-books on loan to read. I can also get on waiting list at library using both apps for most popular books that I want to read that are already checked out by someone. Love all of these apps!

Regular Contributor

Thank you!!!