Honored Contributor

Heads up on new Samantha Downing book. He Started It

[ Edited ]

Yes, she's the author of My Lovely Wife.  Those of you who read that will not easily forget it.  Well the author is back with another Psycho/thriller called He Started It.  About a trio of siblings and their spouses on a road trip.  A special one orchestrated by the deceased Grandfather.  The book is the entire road trip, with twists and turns and secrets spilling out.

Book has really good reviews.  Amazon has delivery July 28.

He Started It by [Samantha Downing]

Respected Contributor

Re: Heads up on new Samantha Dowling book. He Started it

Thanks for the information. Sounds like my kind of book.

Respected Contributor

Re: Heads up on new Samantha Dowling book. He Started it

I won this book via GR and read it in January and really enjoyed it.  Not my usual type of book though. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Heads up on new Samantha Downing book. He Started It

@songbird  Thanks for posting this.  I've never heard of this author but I am always interested in finding new interesting books to read.  I like a good variety so I'm going to give her a try.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@songbird  Thanks for posting this.  I've never heard of this author but I am always interested in finding new interesting books to read.  I like a good variety so I'm going to give her a try.

You should start with My Lovely Wife.  A book like no other....That's all I'll say about it.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

You should start with My Lovely Wife.  A book like no other....That's all I'll say about it.

@songbird 

Thank you for the recommendation.  I began it last night and finished it this morning- really good!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird 

Thank you for the recommendation.  I began it last night and finished it this morning- really good!

LOL!  Glad you liked it.  I even starting to like the name Tobias....

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting! Loved her first book-MY LOVELY WIFE...It was truly shocking! I can't wait to read this one!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished the book!  OMG,,,,If the first book (My Darling Wife) shocked you, this is coming out of left field.  I never guessed the ending.  And I still haven't recovered from the ending.  I got the 4 days ago and I didn't start reading it until 2 days ago.  I tried to stop reading it, to save.  But I couldn't....

Book was written 1st person, present tense.  That mode of writing considering what will happen. was perfect. I'm wondering if this is becoming a new trend in fiction.  Morally ambiguous heroes.

Honored Contributor

I received an email about this book coming out last Friday.  I was so excited, until I saw my library as not even ordered it yet.  But I will get it and I am sure it will be as wonderful as her first book!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."