Honored Contributor

Re: HOW MANY BOOKS DID YOU READ IN MAY 2023

Around three.  I usually read 3-5 books a month.  I just don't have time to read more plus I enjoy doing other things.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

If you have to count the number of books you read you are not much of a reader.

But,if you'd like to play the game,I read about 5 a week.

@Group 5 minus 1 

Reading is not a game.   I'm a big reader and I'm proud of it.  I don't do it on purpose.  GR keeps track and I like to know.

I was just curious that's all.

@SWEET , Sadly everything is judged here, even how you read. I've read at least 10 , I'm never without a book. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

If you have to count the number of books you read you are not much of a reader.

But,if you'd like to play the game,I read about 5 a week.

@Group 5 minus 1 

Reading is not a game.   I'm a big reader and I'm proud of it.  I don't do it on purpose.  GR keeps track and I like to know.

I was just curious that's all.

@SWEET , Sadly everything is judged here, even how you read. I've read at least 10 , I'm never without a book. 

@QVCkitty1 

I noticed that!  I feel like I can't even ask an innocent question sometimes so I keep my mouth shut.  I'm never without a book either. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET 

Ignore the bitter. There was nothing wrong with your question. I took it as a curiosity question as well. I also track my books through GoodReads. I believe last month that I read two books.  Like others I have been busy doing things  including  work.(LOL) . This year I have experienced more incidences of me picking up books, partially reading them, deciding that I am not interested, and returning to the library. 

Honored Contributor

4. I still work fulltime and usually only read on my lunch hours.....I still go thru books pretty fast. Sometimes I have to slow down, so that I remember what each book was about. 

I belong to a Book Club and we meet once a month and most are retired, and read maybe 2-3 books per month, so I feel pretty good with my number per month! 

Esteemed Contributor

All my reading is via Libby on a paper white, so my history is always there.  My library only allows 15 books per download session.

Please folks.....

would not dare share

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree Well I guess it's not really a big deal.  I am just amazed by people who can get in so many books.   I am a very slow reader, though I enjoy it very much.   I need perfect quiet around me which isn't always possible.  

Esteemed Contributor

Five or six.

Respected Contributor

I am a big reader and always have been even as a child and teenager.  I would say I read 2 to 4 books a week.  I'm glad we have a great library system as I would hate to have to buy and store all the books I read.

I just checked my library site and I have 4 books that I had on reserve that are now available for pickup and I have 4 to return.  So to the library today I go.

The only bad thing about my reading habit is that I let things go that I should be doing instead and I stay up too late so I can find out what happens next in the story.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

@SWEET 

Ignore the bitter. There was nothing wrong with your question. I took it as a curiosity question as well. I also track my books through GoodReads. I believe last month that I read two books.  Like others I have been busy doing things  including  work.(LOL) . This year I have experienced more incidences of me picking up books, partially reading them, deciding that I am not interested, and returning to the library. 

@icezeus

Thanks!!  It's nice to be supported.