Respected Contributor

HOW MANY BOOKS DID YOU READ IN MAY 2023

I read 11 which is on par with my usual months I think.  I did have one DNF which is good for me.

No five stars and mostly three which is my usual.  Nothing stood out for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HOW MANY BOOKS DID YOU READ IN MAY 2023

I'm impressed.   I have never read that many books in a month!   Embarrassingly I didn't read any in the month of May.   I was away for the month of April and I did get a couple of books in then but used May as my time to "catch up" on domestic things.  Traveling again the end of June and of course will have a couple books in tow.   I've really been enjoying Ruth Ware mysteries lately.   Happy reading Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If you have to count the number of books you read you are not much of a reader.

But,if you'd like to play the game,I read about 5 a week.

Regular Contributor

I never count  but I am now reading a series by Emily March, The Eternity Springs Series.  I am reading all of the books, not sure how many there are but I'm on the 8th one.  I just love this series.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

If you have to count the number of books you read you are not much of a reader.

But,if you'd like to play the game,I read about 5 a week.

@Group 5 minus 1 

Reading is not a game.   I'm a big reader and I'm proud of it.  I don't do it on purpose.  GR keeps track and I like to know.

I was just curious that's all.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

I'm impressed.   I have never read that many books in a month!   Embarrassingly I didn't read any in the month of May.   I was away for the month of April and I did get a couple of books in then but used May as my time to "catch up" on domestic things.  Traveling again the end of June and of course will have a couple books in tow.   I've really been enjoying Ruth Ware mysteries lately.   Happy reading Smiley Happy

@LindaSal 

Thanks!  Nothong to be embarrassed about.  Everyone has their obligations.  I'm retired and read 3-4 books a week.  That's my life I guess.  I don't have that many obligations or other hobbies.

Happy Reading to you too.

Honored Contributor

4 or 5 a month depending.  I like reading non-fiction which typically takes me longer than my usual "mindless murder and mayhem" books.  Have been reading Harlan Coben for that genre.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only 15 for the month of May.  Back in January I had to get a new phone and my reading as taken a big hit (or loss I should say) from all the things I can do and play on this new smart phone.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'm not on my Kindle so I'm guessing 6 or 7.   I read about a book a month, whatever strikes my fancy.  I thought I'd read more after retirement but I think I'm reader fewer books now.  I think because I'm not as stressed now.  

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Why would you be embarrassed by that????