Respected Contributor

HILARY MANTEL - BRITISH AUTHOR HAS DIED

I read on one of my FB book groups that Hilary Mantel has died suddenly at age 70.  I have never read any of her books but have heard of her.

Respected Contributor

Re: HILARY MANTEL - BRITISH AUTHOR HAS DIED

@SWEET what FB book groups do you belong to? 

Respected Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

@SWEETwhat FB book groups do you belong to? 

@cindyNC 

Too many to mention!  LOL

Honored Contributor

I had neither read her books or even heard of her.  But after reading her obit in the NYT I have put the first of her Thomas Cromwell books on my requested list.  I really like historical fiction although her books seems to be rather lengthy.  The one I requested is 600+ pages.

Valued Contributor

I loved Wolf Hall, managed to finish Bring Up the Bodies, but have not yet tried The Mirror and the Light.  May have to start over since it's been so long since I read the first two.  Sad to hear of her passing

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I had neither read her books or even heard of her.  But after reading her obit in the NYT I have put the first of her Thomas Cromwell books on my requested list.  I really like historical fiction although her books seems to be rather lengthy.  The one I requested is 600+ pages.

Great books, loved them.  Wolf Hall was the best of them.  She breathed so much life into the characters, they came to life again for me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth