Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR JANUARY 2022 WELCOME READERS

[ Edited ]

I just finished Just Haven't Met You Yet by Sophie Cousens,  this was a fun book to read, but it also had deep meaning too, a very enjoyable read!  I won't say too much to give it away, but the title pretty much sums it up!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Hello!

Happy New Year!!!!

I am currently reading Not A Happy Family, by Shari Lapena. Its very good so far and everyone is a suspect! I love her books, so I knew I would probably enjoy this one!

I previously read The Secrets We Share by Edwin Hill, very good, I won it thru Goodreads and I really enjoyed it! 

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Hello!

Happy New Year!!!!

I am currently reading Not A Happy Family, by Shari Lapena. Its very good so far and everyone is a suspect! I love her books, so I knew I would probably enjoy this one!

I previously read The Secrets We Share by Edwin Hill, very good, I won it thru Goodreads and I really enjoyed it! 

Thanks for the suggestion of Shari Lapena--had never heard of her--and that particular book.  Sounds like it's right up my alley!   Have requested it from our libary.

Respected Contributor

Finished The Cranberry Inn by Barbara Samuel.  A sweet story about going home to your father's inn and finding the town hasn't changed much either and falling in love.

Honored Contributor

Just finished Not a happy family, by Shari LaPena-very very good!!!!Everyone was a suspect.  I also suspect she could do a sequel as well........Such a quick, interesting read, and all of the characters were so interesting!!!!

I am now starting- He said, She Said by Erin Kelly! 

Trusted Contributor

I recently finished Danielle Steel's new book, FLYING ANGELS.  It was very good, and quite different from her usual romance novels.  Every once in a while, Steel pens a historical fiction novel, and they are usually well-researched, high quality books.  This book is about a group of nurses in WWII who flew in the planes used to pick up wounded soldiers after the battle.  These nurses faced considerable danger, as their planes were liable to be shot down by the enemy.  There are six main characters, but they are introduced slowly and skillfully, so you don't mix them up.  I had never heard of these flying nurses before, so it was very interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I wrapped up The Judges List by John Grisham. The book quite frankly was a letdown for me. I actually enjoyed The Whistler over The Judges List.

The book was slow throughout, like a slow burn that never caught fire. The Judge in question was able to do things that were just too beyond the realm of reality in my view, especially towards the ending of the book. 

It tells the story of a sitting judge who basically seeks revenge by killing people  and how he has managed to go undetected for over 20 years in righting perceived wrongs that were done to him.  

I  gave the book 2 out of 5 stars on Goodreads, which just means that I thought the book was ok. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Just finished Not a happy family, by Shari LaPena-very very good!!!!Everyone was a suspect.  I also suspect she could do a sequel as well........Such a quick, interesting read, and all of the characters were so interesting!!!!

UPDATE: Had to put down He Said, She said-could not get into it. Started reading The Best of Friends, by Lucinda Berry....So far, very interesting!!!  I may try to pick up He Said, She Said at a later date-anyone else read this one and have that trouble?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I was not interested in reading Not a happy family, but so many people have been raving about it that I finally caved today and requested from my library. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished It's s Wonderful Woof by Spencer Quinn, as always these are fun books to read!  Bernie the human PI along with Chet the Jet dog form a detective agency and work as partners to solve crimes.  Chet the Jet is quite the character, and Bernie is a sucker for Jet!  And the partnership they have is so fun to read about!

Respected Contributor

My first DNF of 2022 is:  The Caretakers by Amanda Bestor-Siegal (an ARC).  It was about au pairs in France and how one allegedly "killed" on of the kids they were watching.  It just rambled on and didn't focus as much on these girls as much as other characters.