Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - JANUARY 2021 WELCOME READERS!!

Just finished Florence Adler Swims Forever by Rachel Beanland,this was a good book.  Hard to explain what it was really about as so much happened, but I enjoyed it!

Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Just finished Florence Adler Swims Forever by Rachel Beanland,this was a good book.  Hard to explain what it was really about as so much happened, but I enjoyed it!

@CareBears 

One of my favorite books.  I think this was one of my favorites of 2020 and my last book of 2020 too. 

Trusted Contributor

just finished reading THE CHILDRENS BLIZZARD by Melanie Benjamin. It was a historical function book,based on true events. A new school teacher in the planes in the 1800's. She had students from about 6 yrs to 15 years. She herself was only 17. It kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what she was going to do when the storm came. Keep the children in school or release them. I highly recommend this book,one of the best I have read in a while. 

Honored Contributor

Just finished the unique and engrossing Long Bright River by Liz Moore; highly recommend.

Respected Contributor

Today I finished Fortune and Glory by Janet Evanovich.  It's her latest book in the Stephanie Plum series.  I've read all these books and, as usual, enjoyed it very much.  A who-done-it that will make you laugh out loud many times.  I love the characters.  

Respected Contributor

I just finished Pretty Things by Janelle Brown.  It's a very well written, and surprisingly thoughtful, thriller.  Nina is a con artist and Vanessa is the person to be conned.  The backstory of these two characters is a little overlong, but once they are set the book really takes off.  Alternating the narrative between the two works really well here, and there were twists I did not see coming.  Very enjoyable.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not sure why I haven't seen this thread before today.... but here goes. Our local library has a reading challenge every year with 12 topics, and you pick a book within that topic. For example, one of the topics is a book with only one word title, so I am just about to finish "Educated". It is a page turner and highly recommend it. So that is a lot of fun. Plus I have a book club atmy church and we also participate in The Big Read every year- that book this year is "Circe".   In years past, I've always set a goal to read a given amount of books, and never met it... soooo this year, I'm going to read a book per week. I know, right!  Well it's all in good fun. Happy reading everyone.And Happy New Year!

Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

I just finished Pretty Things by Janelle Brown.  It's a very well written, and surprisingly thoughtful, thriller.  Nina is a con artist and Vanessa is the person to be conned.  The backstory of these two characters is a little overlong, but once they are set the book really takes off.  Alternating the narrative between the two works really well here, and there were twists I did not see coming.  Very enjoyable.

I really liked this one too!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

am reading the new Tana French book. THE LIKENESS. So far it's good. It's about the same female dective  who goes undercover. Enjoy her books

Respected Contributor

Just finished The Evening and the Morning by Ken Follett.  As is usually the case, he is a good storyteller.  All 1200 pages of it!  A bit long but enjoyable.  Goodreads rates 4.42 out of 5*.

Next Up All the Devils Are Here, Louise Penny.