Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAPPY MAY TO OUR READERS!

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop I have enjoyed all of his previous books so I am sure I will like this one as well!

Honored Contributor

The Girls Are So Nice Here, by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn.  But are they really?  Freshman year in the college dorms and all the mean girls within.  10 years later at the reunion who ends up with which graduate's significant other and who  ends up in prison?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN It's not a horror novel but a gripping, intense twisting narration with historical witchcraft that occurred in the 1660's.  Keep me posted if/when you decide to read it!  Love Chris Bohjalian! 

@BornToShop @CareBears Thanks! This sounds really good, and I have enjoyed his other books that I have read, so will let you know once I have read this....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the last two days I have finished 2 books on my Kindle that I loved! Stony Point Summer & The Beachgoers both by Joanne Demaio, I have read all of her books and will continue as she writes more, her books are magical that tug at my heart, and these two had me in tears, I know not hard to do, I have such a tender heart, I escaped for two days from the stress in our lives, and pictured myself on a beach soaking up the sunshine!

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I have been a long-time fan of CHRIS BOHJALIAN, hIs newest release HOUR of the WITCH was outstanding!  I highly recommend it!  

CB1BBD52-89D0-4345-80C6-1E7E70B21FBD.jpeg

@BornToShop Is this at all scary? Thnks!

@BornToShop I started this book this morning and just can't put it down!

Respected Contributor

@pateacher  He is an incredible author!  So glad you are enjoying this book, please post back when you finish!  

Esteemed Contributor

MURDER IN THE MANOR an addictive crime mystery full of twists (Arnold Landon Detective Mystery and Suspense Book 2) by ROY LEWIS.

I like this second book much better than the first one.  

Arnold Landon can’t help but feel drawn to Oldham Manor, an atmospheric medieval house in the middle of nowhere. When he is invited to catalogue the library there, he jumps at the chance. The place is a maze of musty old papers and books.  And that’s not all. Late one night, he stumbles on a secret passage, twisting deep under the ground.  Where will it take him? And why was it walled up?  When a stranger turns up dead in a ditch, Landon begins to realise that someone is watching his every move.
The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just abandoned The Sound of Wings by Suzanne Simonetti. Got half way through.  It took forever for the characters to come together after skimming the rest of the book. A lot of the plot is what I've read before in books, i.e., finding a diary, and more.

Trusted Contributor

I read The New Husband by D.J. Palmer which is a domestic thriller about a woman whose husband is missing and she starts a new relationship with a man who is not what he seems. I enjoyed this book and read it quickly.

I also read To Sir, With Love by Lauren Layne which was an enjoyable sweet romance similar to the premise of the movie You've Got Mail. It was a Goodreads win so I'm not sure if it's actually out yet.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished The Suicide House by Charlie Donlea, excellent read!  It is a murder/mystery hat spans over many years, did I have any idea who the murderer was, NOPE not a clue!