Respected Contributor

Re: HAPPY MAY TO OUR READERS!

Last night I finished Miss Janie's Girls by Carolyn Brown.  Miss Janie is at the end of a long and full life, but she has no intention of crossing that finish line until she's found her girls.  It's been 10 years since Terasa and Kayla left and went their separate ways and never looked back.  Apart from their foster Mom, Miss Janie, they don't have many fond memories of their hometown.  Or each other.  A private investigator, Miss Janie's nephew, tracks them both down and tells them Miss Janie is dying.  They both know deep down that they've got to be there for her as she had been there for them.  A very good book.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished A Body of Confusion (The Rejoiner Book 2) by P. F. Ford.  The book starts with what appears to be a seaside suicide, moves on to a body found in a grave as part of a home reno, and then mixed identities.  This is a British detective mystery based in Wales.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@smoky22 , the page length of the book probably adjusts with different font size on my Ereader.  Yes, I tried hard to like the book (Walk the Wire/Baldacci) but I just couldn't.  When I got to not wanting to go back to the book, time to return.

I am now reading Eternal by Lisa Scottolone (sp?).  Rated 4.3/5.  A good start thank heavens!  

I will remember your comments next time!  S

Respected Contributor

@smoky22 , do you know the name of the book @sunala  is talking about?  S

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm reading The Barbizon. It is an interesting read, the story of the famous women-only hotel in NYC where many famous ladies stayed.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I'm reading The Barbizon. It is an interesting read, the story of the famous women-only hotel in NYC where many famous ladies stayed.

@RetRN 

I read this also but after about 1/2 way through it got repetitive but liked it overall by the time I finished it.

Respected Contributor

Just finished Finding Ashley by Danielle Steel.  I won this one.  You know I never buy books!  It was good and sort of predictable as always.

Super Contributor

Just started Kindred by Octavia E Butler.  Goodness, it is so good so far.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Tooth Of Time by Sue Henry, this was an enjoyable murder mystery, fast read too!

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@smoky22 , do you know the name of the book @sunala  is talking about?  S

@Lilysmom1   The discussion was about your book, Walk The Wire, which is #6 in the Amos Decker series.  Then we both commented that the series had gone downhill after the first few books.  I got the impression that you had never read the earlier books. 

The first book in the series, which @sunala loved, is called Memory Man.  I'm not sure I answered your question.  Hope so.