Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAPPY MAY TO OUR READERS!

I just finished Follow Me by kathleen Barber, I thought this book would be just about posting to social media, but it ended up being a psychological thriller, that was very good!

Super Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@MrsSB , the series (The Queen's Gambit) is actually very well done.  You should give it a try.  S

@Lilysmom1 

I'm sure it is but I think it is on Netflix, which I should have added we don't have. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

MOTHER  MAY. I, another good novel, completely different from her NEVER  HAVE I EVER. A good  read!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Prague, A Secret From The Past:  A Czech Travel Mystery by Adriana Licio.  This is the latest book from her Homeswappers series.  Etta, Dora, and Leon travel to Prague and immediately get involved in a murder and then a kidnapping.  I did not like this book as much as the others, but the scenery descriptions were lovely.  Unfortunately, to me, the entire book seemed to focus on the Velvet Revolution and the people who were involved.  I had never heard of it, but it appears that Prague went through several upheavals before settling into their current government.  It was still a good book but not my favorite.  I do enjoy reading about the various locations in her books.  The next book is Scotland.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

This morning I finished reading He's Gone by Deb Caletti. Although some of the reviews said it went too slow, I thought it was just fine. I had no idea how it would end, which was a nice surprise for me. I enjoyed it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

THE SUCIDE HOUSE was a great book, I believe It was suggested by someone here.. Another suggested book that I am  reading now from here is  SANATORIUM, these books are edgy and twisted. Also have a degree of intensity,that keeps you reading more!

Trusted Contributor

@smoky22 - I'm sad to say that I was disappointed in Stacey Abrams' new book, WHILE JUSTICE SLEEPS.  I read the first 100 pages and decided not to go further,  It was written very intelligently and some parts were very good and other parts were very slow.  I think I am just not a political thriller fan, although I am a fan of the writer.  Perhaps you will like it better.

Honored Contributor

I finished Mariah Stewart's, An Invincible Summer Wyndham Beach Book 1.  I highly recommend it.    Book two is coming in February 2022. 

I just started  Joanne DeMaio's,  The Beachgoers, Book 13 of The Seaside Saga. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

I finished Mariah Stewart's, An Invincible Summer Wyndham Beach Book 1.  I highly recommend it.    Book two is coming in February 2022. 

I just started  Joanne DeMaio's,  The Beachgoers, Book 13 of The Seaside Saga. 

@dmod nj 

I won a copy of An Invincible Summer on a book group on FB.  It's my next book after the one I'm starting now.  Glad you enjoyed it.  I think I have the one that's coming out in 2022 on my GR to read.  Have to look.

Respected Contributor

Just finished Betsy Lerner's (memoir) The Bridge Ladies.  I loved it.  Nothing like reading about a group of 80+ Jewish ladies playing bridge for over 50 years.  She not only interviewed her mother's bridge ladies but learned to play bridge and also interviewed the women's children too.