Super Contributor

Funniest Book I've read in a long time!!!

I usually read mysteries and I decided to try a book by Tim Dorsey titled Cadillac Beach.

This book had me laughing out loud. It's got so many twists and turns, but it does have some violence in it. I know that sounds crazy, but I still laughed a lot.

At my age, 70, finding this book was like finding a hidden gem.

I didn't realize, but this is a series of books in the Serge Storms series.  Cadillac Beach is number 6 so I look forward to more laughs by this author.

Respected Contributor

Re: Funniest Book I've read in a long time!!!

@vicki is ok  thanks will check it out.

Super Contributor

I hope you like it. Let me know.

Trusted Contributor

All of his books are gems.  Are you also familiar with Carl Hiassen and Dave Barry?  There is something about Florida that produces world class humorists.

Super Contributor

I also love Dave Barry. Have you read any of Donald Westlake's? One of his one made into a movie starring Robert Redford. Can't remember the title.

Trusted Contributor

@vicki is ok wrote:

I also love Dave Barry. Have you read any of Donald Westlake's? One of his one made into a movie starring Robert Redford. Can't remember the title.

Dave Barry is wicked funny! His description of how the Red Sox beat out the Yankees to win the World Series is a classic. I laughed out loud at some of his older columns in the Miami Herald.

I also recommend the John D. MacDonald Travis Mc Gee series.