Respected Contributor

Re: FEBRUARY 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LAST MONTH?

@GenXmuse 

Agree, that is a good book.  There are many good books from that daunting time period.  Usually when I hear about a new one, I say to myself that I will not read another of those books;  they are certainly filled with evil and tragedy.  Then someone talks me into reading one; most of the time I'm glad I did.  Besides the evil, there were many people who spoke to the truth and acted and did the right thing.  Uplifting, but many times still just so sad and tragic. 

Esteemed Contributor

I needed a good belly laugh so I re-read Bill Bryson's "A Walk in the Woods."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no idea what's going on with my reading lately but it seems that every other book I can't finish. Just ptb on The Whole Way Home by Sarah Creech.  I won it on LT 4 years ago.  It was a fluff kind of book about a famous female singer in Nashville and her love life past and present. 

I'm going to try to read Lisa Scottoline's Every Fifteen Minutes.  She never seems to disappoint.

Trusted Contributor

yea! Today I get to start reading Michael Connolly's newest,FAIR WARNING. It's about his newspaper journalist. Love his books.

Trusted Contributor

Hi all,

Have not posted here in a while, but try to keep up and read the thread.

I read Where the Lost Wander by Amy Harmon and really enjoyed it. It follows a family on the Oregon Trail, the violence and hardship the family endures is heart-wrenching. I just finished The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue by V. E. Schwab which I enjoyed as well. Now on to We Ride Upon Sticks by Quan Barry.

Have a good day. 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

I just finished A Week at The Shore by Barbara Delinsky.  A story of 3 sisters who grew up in a beach house in Rhode Island.  The two older ones have since moved away but the youngest lives there with their father and owns a small cafe in town.  Their father's health is in decline and they wind up together after many years apart.  This book was so good and I highly recommend it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FEBRUARY 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Just finished The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian, this was so good, read it one day, just could not put it down, and the ending, shocking!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CareBears  Chris Bohjalian is one of my all-time favorite authors!  MIDWIVES is an outstanding example of his work; read it if you haven't already!  

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Fatal Error (Ali Reynolds #6) by J.A. Jance. I rated the book 4 out of 5 on Goodreads, and I have to say that I really enjoyed this book.  I enjoy books that move at a fast clip and make me want to turn the page to see what is going to happen next. 

On to my next Library book. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop Thanks for the heads up, I put in a request!