Trusted Contributor

Re: FEBRUARY 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Impatiently waiting for March 2nd to get here so I can read LATER,the newest from Stephen King. Sounds like a good one,a classic King 👍

Trusted Contributor

I read Confessions of a Domestic Failure by Bunmi Laditan. This was a very light and quick read about a new mom who doesn't feel like she meets the expectations of other people. She is accepted into a contest where women learn to be the perfect mom and wife and the fun ensues from there.

I also read Someone We Know by Shari Lapena which was a domestic thriller. It was pretty good and I didn't figure out the murderer until the end.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished A Walk In The Woods by Bill Bryson, I enjoyed many parts of this book, but also found parts rather tedious, but also interesting in parts.  It is about walking the Appalachian Trail, I now have gained respect for anyone who even attempted 4 feet of  it, after reading this book it would have never had even crossed my mind!

Respected Contributor

Finished The Reunions by Tina Hogan Grant. It was a good book based on her real life.  The author said it was a stand alone but I could have read the first two which can be read as stand alones too she said, to get a better idea of the characters.  I can't imagine sisters (two of them are twins) not seeing each other for 35 years.  They lived in different countries though and had their own lives.  I learned a lot about lobster trapping and practically living on a small boat and the rough life it is.

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I reordered a book I read 20 years ago that I really enjoyed. I couldn't find mine.

Savages by Shirley Conran

5 beautiful spoiled woman stranded in the jungle on an island and their struggle to stay alive. I thought it was pretty exciting and a good read.

@luvmyteddy4 

I read that years and years ago too.  Thanks for the reminder - it was such a good book!

Esteemed Contributor

FEBRUARY IS NOW OVER, SO WE'RE GOING TO CLOSE THIS THREAD AND START POSTING ON THE MARCH 2021 THREAD.

HAPPY READING AND ENJOY!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett