Esteemed Contributor

Re: FEBRUARY 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

@maximillian wrote:

This book has many of the elements I love in a good fiction book.  It is This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger.  It was a bestseller about a year ago; I just got around to reading it and I know it has been reviewed here before.  So many of the fiction books I have read lately have been good, not great or even fair, not good.  This book was a great read, IMO. It was just a good story that I couldn't wait to get back to, I cared about the main characters, I learned something about American history...just a good read!

@maximillian- I so loved This Tender Land. But then again, I've loved every single book by William Kent Krueger. What an incredible author! He's written several others, so please try more of his books. I promise you'll love them Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam @If you are referring to The Four Winds I read it and did not care for it. If you read reviews they are mostly positive so I guess I am the odd man out.

Respected Contributor

yes,four winds.usually she writes excellent books.well,I will give it a try.im one to read a few chapters,and if it doesn't hold my attention,I move on

Trusted Contributor

tganslaw,I love all his books. I especially liked this one

Trusted Contributor

Sherri Kay,this is the first book of hers that I have ever read.

this was very good. Reminder me of The Grapes Of Warth.

Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished Midwives by Chris Bohjallan, this was fantastic book, started this morning and just finished I could not put it down,  It took all my self control not to read ahead to see the ending, but I held strong, 10 of 10 stars!

@CareBears  I have been anxiously waiting for you to read MIDWIVES and am so glad you loved it!  He is one of my top 3 most favorite authors!  

Honored Contributor

Just finished Devil May Care,great book. Really good story and I liked it. Not the James Bond one,but another.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Esteemed Contributor

Last night I finished The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, # 5) by Heather Graham.

It was an enjoyable book.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Midnight Library by Matt Haig, I loved this book!  So deep in meaning it will stay with me a long time to come!

Trusted Contributor

Re: FEBRUARY 2021 READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LAST MONTH?

Today I finished Deep Into the Dark by P J Tracy.  Thanks to KathyM23 for listing it in a post earlier this month.  I am a huge fan of the Monkeewrench series by this author and have recommended it often on this forum. 

I really liked this book.  There was lots of action (maybe a little too much violence) and very interesting characters.  I liked the short chapters and the fast pace.  The book is set in Los Angeles.  The main character is a veteran of the war in Afghanistan who was wounded by a roadside bomb.  He struggles with severe PTSD.  The plot involves a serial killer, a stalker, a young film student, and several very competent detectives.

I recommend this book.