Honored Contributor

Re: FAVORITE MYSTERY PROTAGONISTS?

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Question ....

Has anyone read any of Michael Connoly's Harry Bosch series?  If so, what's your opinion of Harry?

I love the books. Harry? Hmmm.........that's a tough one. He seems very disgruntled for some reason. He can be tough-is tough. I like his style. He's usually in trouble with his job. He's a rogue who isn't supposed to be a rogue. Just thinking............I wonder if he ever called for backup. Probably not. I wish Connelly would leave out Bosh's family. It softens Harry. I like the tough guy side. I believe there were one or two books I didn't care for, but I will continue reading them.

Respected Contributor

Archer Mayor's series featuring Joe Gunther

Peter Robinson's series featuring Alan Banks

Jacqueline Winspear's series featuring Maisie Dobbs

Honored Contributor

So many favorites but here’s a few:

Nevada Barr’s Anna Pigeon.

Lee Child’s Jack Reacher (won’t watch the movies w/Tom Cruise).

C.J. Box’s Joe Picket.

All time favorite:  Nancy Drew 🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@icezeus, @on the bay, I had no idea one of the Amish mysteries I like was made into a movie. I'd love to watch it.

@AuntG - I saw the movie based on Linda Castillo's first book years ago.  It was pretty good, although Neve Campbell doesn't look like the Kate portrayed in the book.  I think it was on one of the Hallmark channels or a movie of the week, back when those were done.  It wasn't ever on the big screen.  If I ever see it playing again, I'll come back to this forum and let you know.  I enjoy this series too.

@dawg lover@AuntG

I thought that this seemed familiar. I was trying to remember if I had watched the movie on Lifetime or Hallmark. I have requested the first book from my Library, and it's being held. I will be picking it up this weekend, Hopefully several renewals are available and I can hold off for a few weeks before starting.  I have six books in front of it. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

I really enjoyed all of the movies. I never made it around to reading this series by James Patterson. 

Trusted Contributor

@icezeus - the Linda Castillo Amish mystery books are really good.  Enjoy!  What I like best is that they maintain their quality over the years and subsequent entries in the series are just as good as the early books.  You learn a lot about the Amish community too.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Question ....

Has anyone read any of Michael Connoly's Harry Bosch series?  If so, what's your opinion of Harry?

I love the books. Harry? Hmmm.........that's a tough one. He seems very disgruntled for some reason. He can be tough-is tough. I like his style. He's usually in trouble with his job. He's a rogue who isn't supposed to be a rogue. Just thinking............I wonder if he ever called for backup. Probably not. I wish Connelly would leave out Bosh's family. It softens Harry. I like the tough guy side. I believe there were one or two books I didn't care for, but I will continue reading them.

@Judaline

I have no idea where it came from, but I thought Harry Bosch was either a criminal or a dirty cop.  So, for the first 100 pages I was looking for the dirty cop angle.   I'm almost done with Two Kinds of Truth, so I can't wait to see how Connely finishes this one.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Question ....

@Judaline

I have no idea where it came from, but I thought Harry Bosch was either a criminal or a dirty cop.  So, for the first 100 pages I was looking for the dirty cop angle.   I'm almost done with Two Kinds of Truth, so I can't wait to see how Connely finishes this one.

No, Harry Bosch was never a dirty cop or criminal.