Esteemed Contributor

Re: FAMILIAR WITH AUTHOR JOHN SANDFORD?

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44

I went to the website as soon as I found out there were several in the series and printed them out. I like to read books in order due to character development.

I am about to put down one of my other favorite authors. I am just not feeling this book that I am reading. The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo, and move on to a Michael Connelly book. Rough Country and Rules of Prey by John Sanford have shipped and I will be able to pick up from the library later in the week.

Esteemed Contributor

@sandy53

I need to add another book to my long lists of books to read like I need a hole in my head. LOL!! However, I am intrigued so I have added the Monkeewrench Series to my TBR lists.

Super Contributor

I have read EVERY Lucas Davenport series and probably most of Virgil Flowers.  I miss Lucas now....he is an awesome character and John Sanford's books RULE!

beanie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beaniewrote:

I have read EVERY Lucas Davenport series and probably most of Virgil Flowers.  I miss Lucas now....he is an awesome character and John Sanford's books RULE!

beanie

@beanie   @icezeus

Sandford has written other books ... have you read the Kidd series?   If so, what did you think of them?

Valued Contributor

Love the Prey series. 

Super Contributor

hmmm...I don't think I have read the Kidd series...I will definitely look into that ASAP

Honored Contributor

@beaniewrote:

hmmm...I don't think I have read the Kidd series...I will definitely look into that ASAP

@beanie

John has thus far written a total of 49 books. 

On post #18 of this thread, at the bottom, is a link to John's own website listing every book, in order.   

You can also get summaries of every book, if interested.   Interesting site.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44

I picked up Rules of Prey from the library yesterday, and I finished it today. It's been  awhile since I finished a book in 24 hours with work and life getting in my way and stopping me from reading all of the time. (LOL)  I could not put the darn book down. What a page turner. I would have finished last night, but I had to get up this morning for service so I forced myself to turn out my light and go to bed.

I really enjoyed the Lucas Davenport character.  

I have already put in my request for Shadow Prey. 

Trusted Contributor

@icezeuswrote:

@sandy53

I need to add another book to my long lists of books to read like I need a hole in my head. LOL!! However, I am intrigued so I have added the Monkeewrench Series to my TBR lists.

I recommended the series to my brother and he said, "I would have read these a long time ago if I'd know how good they were."  

Contributor

Finished my first Virgil Flowers book Dark of the Moon.  Having read all the Lucas Davenport Prey books and eagerly awaiting the new one coming in April, I decided to start the Flowers series. John Sandford never writes a bad book!  Glad I finally took the plunge and have a whole series ahead.   Sonia