Honored Contributor

Re: FAMILIAR WITH AUTHOR JOHN SANDFORD?

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 wrote:

John Sandford is one of my favorite authors! I've read and re-read every book from the Prey series (my favorites) and also the Virgil Flowers series. Sandford's characters are wonderful and most of them reappear from book to book. I've also read his Kidd series, but couldn't seem to get into them. Fortunately there were only three or four of them, so I don't feel lke I missed out with them. If you're on Facebook, check out one of his fan pages: "John Sandford....may contain spoilers"....it's a fun and knowledgeable group.

@jannabelle1   @teganslaw

Just curious .... from reading the Kidd series, what do you think Kidd looks like?   I've got good mental pictures of both Lucas & Virgil, but I just started the 2nd Kidd book, and I still haven't seen any description of Kidd ... unless I've missed it.   

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

I also really like John Sandford.  You might also enjoy another series set in Minnesota called the Monkeewrench series by PJ Tracy.  The tone is quite similar.  

@sandy53

I just ordered # 1 in the Monkeewrench series, slightly used paperback, from Ebay.    i am almost out of Sandford novels!   

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sandy53 wrote:

I also really like John Sandford.  You might also enjoy another series set in Minnesota called the Monkeewrench series by PJ Tracy.  The tone is quite similar.  

@sandy53

I just ordered # 1 in the Monkeewrench series, slightly used paperback, from Ebay.    i am almost out of Sandford novels!   

Hope you enjoy it!  One of the mother-daughter author team has died, so I wonder if the series will continue.  

Trusted Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sandy53 wrote:

@sandy53

Hope you enjoy it!  One of the mother-daughter author team has died, so I wonder if the series will continue.  

@sandy53 - The mother in this team did unfortunately pass away, but the daughter will keep the series going.  A new book, called "THE GUILTY DEAD" is coming out on September 11th of this year.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

I have not read any of the Kidd series, but I do not think that I would be interested. I believe that I read that Kidd is a criminal and the books are from his perspective. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

@icezeus

I wanted to get back to you on the Kidd perspective.   

I'm now half way through Book 3 of 4 in the series, and I'm finding them rather interesting.  In these 3 books, thus far, Kidd gets involved because he's helping someone he believes to be the good guy, or has suffered a serious  injustice.  He is not the sleazy bad guy who deliberately commits crimes solely for his own personal benefit.

I also find the computer systems background information to be very interesting.   

Nevertheless, I wish Sandford would crank aout about another dozen Davenport books sometime soon.   lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Perhaps when I am further along in the series I will read about Kidd and he will grow on me. I just started Silent Prey Sunday Night, which is book 4 of the Lucas Davenport Series.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

Perhaps when I am further along in the series I will read about Kidd and he will grow on me. I just started Silent Prey Sunday Night, which is book 4 of the Lucas Davenport Series.

@icezeus

Oh, gees, I guess I didn't realize you're doing the Prey series .... lol.   By all means don't interrupt that!    Woman LOL

Contributor

.   New Twisted Prey comes out April 24th.   Can't wait to read it!   Sonia

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Deep Freeze and was really impressed with the detail in this book.  It was my first book of his that I have read and did not know that Virgil Flowers was a main character in many of his books.  The detail was so vivid that for some reason I thought that I had seen it on television before realizing that I read the book.  I plan to read more of his books.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

New book available April 24th ..... I just saw a pre-order notice, but won't post due to fact link would be zapped ...

Twisted Prey, US hardcover

Lucas Davenport confronts an old nemesis, now a powerful U.S. senator, in the thrilling new novel in the #1 New York Times-bestselling Prey series.

Lucas Davenport had crossed paths with her before.

A rich psychopath, Taryn Grant had run successfully for the U.S. Senate, where Lucas had predicted she'd fit right in. He was also convinced that she'd been responsible for three murders, though he'd never been able to prove it. Once a psychopath had gotten that kind of rush, though, he or she often needed another fix, so he figured he might be seeing her again.

He was right. A federal marshal now, with a very wide scope of investigation, he's heard rumors that Grant has found her seat on the Senate intelligence committee, and the contacts she's made from it, to be very...useful. Pinning those rumors down was likely to be just as difficult as before, and considerably more dangerous.

But they had unfinished business, he and Grant. One way or the other, he was going to see it through to the end.

Today is the day it's in stores !!!!    Woman LOL