Honored Contributor

ESCAPE CLAUSE by John Sandford

I was browsing the new paperbacks at my grocery store and ended up selecting Escape Clause to add to my rather short To Be Read reading stack.  

I was surprised to learn he'd written so many novels, and I'd never heard of him ... or any of them.   

(Not that I'm an expert on American novelists!)

Have you read any of John Sandford's books?   What are your thoughts on this author? 

TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: ESCAPE CLAUSE by John Sandford

Love Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers!

I have read most all of them.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

His books are good reads.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, lucky you.  He is a good find.  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have read all of his books. My favorite character is Virgil Flowers.

John Sandford is one of my favorite authors.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Love Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers!

I have read most all of them.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003  @proudlyfromNJ  @Lilysmom  @aggravated

Well, I just looked him up on FictFact to see the series & order of books, and learned he has 5 series!   

The Lucas Davenport series has 28 books ..... Virgil Flowers has 10 books in that series ....  and then there's Kidd and LuEllen (4 books)  ......  Singular Menace (3 books) .....  and he's in 25 of the Best American Mystery Stories books!   

Well, I'm glad I don't have to worry about "what will I read after I've read all of Sandra Brown's books" ...  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I was browsing the new paperbacks at my grocery store and ended up selecting Escape Clause to add to my rather short To Be Read reading stack.  

I was surprised to learn he'd written so many novels, and I'd never heard of him ... or any of them.   

(Not that I'm an expert on American novelists!)

Have you read any of John Sandford's books?   What are your thoughts on this author? 

TIA!

Yes - very happy reading to you!

Trusted Contributor

I have read all of John Sandford's books, in his many different series, and I would say 95% of them are great reads.  I did want to point out that Escape Clause is one of the later books in the Virgil Flowers series, so it's not like starting from the beginning of the series.  His first book in the series is "Dark of the Moon", in case you find that you like him.

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I have read all of John Sandford's books, in his many different series, and I would say 95% of them are great reads.  I did want to point out that Escape Clause is one of the later books in the Virgil Flowers series, so it's not like starting from the beginning of the series.  His first book in the series is "Dark of the Moon", in case you find that you like him.

@dawg lover

Thanks .... I was thinking about reading the first novel in the series first.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@dawg lover wrote:

@dawg lover

Thanks .... I was thinking about reading the first novel in the series first.

@Tinkrbl44. Dawg lover is right. I think they should be read in order to follow the whole series. The Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers intertwine as they know each other. Just an FYI.