Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Go to the LIbrary Anymore?

I sill love the library, it has Wi-Fi, nice chairs, and tables & chairs.    Good variety.  I'll read a book or part of a book before ordering a book.   I used to love to go to the bookstore but all the one's around me took out their chairs & benches.     I'm not in excellent health and can't shop for long, so they lost my business.    

I go to the library during the day when kids are in school and I've never seen any rude people.   But I'm in the South, most people are just overly polite anyway.

@sunala

Honored Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

I pick up audiobooks (that I request at its online site) at the library every week.  I use their digital services (OverDrive & axis360) for downloads all the time.

I have the OverDrive app, it's been a long time since I tried to figure it out. I should try again. Can't remember what the problem was.

Respected Contributor

I go at least once a week. I reserve books online and they are waiting for me. That's service!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are three libraries I go to all the time. One is ensconced in a neighborhood (what a plus for people who live nearby!)--that's where I volunteer. Another is in a very old building shaped like a castle (that's where the classics book club meets), and the third is a large library about a half hour away (their selection is wonderful).  

I don't mind the presence of videos and CDs because I check them out as well. All three places have computers that are in constant use--a real boon for those who don't own their own.

I have a Nook, but I'd rather not spend so much money on books I might not like.

I also want to add that, although I live in a rather impoverished city, my in-town libraries provide both areas of activities and areas of peace.

Respected Contributor

I use the library online on my kindle or iPad. We have kindle, overdrive, cloud library. Books that are not available online I go to library for. I have an excellent library, although not pretty, and very crowded it has almost all the books I want in its system. Terrific online services,

extensive hours 7 days a week.

I am a voracious reader, since retiring I read 3-4 books a week, too many to buy and I don't want to keep books- too much clutter.

Honored Contributor

Weekly.  I reserve a lot of audiobooks.  Also, cookbooks interest me so I can browse through them and copy down the few recipes that appeal to me.

Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@mollybgood wrote:

I pick up audiobooks (that I request at its online site) at the library every week.  I use their digital services (OverDrive & axis360) for downloads all the time.

I have the OverDrive app, it's been a long time since I tried to figure it out. I should try again. Can't remember what the problem was.

@proudlyfromNJ

You should probably delete the old, outdated app and start fresh with the most recent version. 

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Respected Contributor

I go all the time.  Right now my computer is having problems so I've been using the computers at the library.  Luckily, I have a city library and a county library fairly close.  Since I love to read I also request books if there is a waiting list.  Love my libraries!  

Honored Contributor

I go to the library once a week.  I order books and DVD's on line and they are waiting for me.  I walk to the library after yoga class.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes,  Our new library is a beautiful building.  There are excellent chidrens' programs daily, as well as adult lectures, films, etc.  Also, several book clubs meet there on a monthly basis.

Our library offers so much more than books.  I'm sure more people go there for all the other programs instead.