Honored Contributor

Re: Do you read books in series?

[ Edited ]

Read every Christmas the entire Mitford Series, The Capelight Series.

Stay current with Miss Julia, The Sarah Booth Delaney series, 23rd book coming this year.  One of my favorites The Ladies Of Covington by Joan Meldicott.  There are 7 and I waited and waited a decade for her to continue but she did not.  Saw an obituary this time last year for her 90+ year old husband.  It stated how much of his life at the end was spending precious time with his wife Joan who has been suffering from Alzheimers.  Broke my heart.

Tons more series in the Inspirational and Faith based genres as well.  Karen Kingsbury, Shelly Shepard Gray and Wanda Brunstetter are my most favorite. 

I could not imagine a single day without reading for several hours at least.  Even if sleep is lost.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Yes, I especially enjoy reading books in a series. When you finish one you always know there's another. Except when the series ends, which I don't like. 

Respected Contributor

I too like to read books in order of the series.  Started to do that with Louise Penny (natch!)  and now about to begin the 5th book of Elly Griffith....hers are getting better with each story.

Looking forward to All the Devils are Here!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I try to read series books in sequence.  Some of my favorite authors include:  C. J. Box (Joe Pickett series), Craig Johnson ILongmire series), Ann B. Ross (Miss Julia series), Janet Dailey (Calder series), Pamela  ******an Hutchins (Patrick Flint Series), Leslie Meier (Lucy Stone Mysteries), Winnie Archer (bake shop mysteries) William Kent Krueger (Cork O'Connor series), Fanny Flagg (anything!!)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 ...I just started reading the Ladies of Covington series.  It is enjoyable reading.  I am very sorry to hear about the author, Joan Meldicott.  Thanks for posting.

I also enjoyed some books from the Janet Evanovich series....humorous mysteries.

Respected Contributor

I've read the Beach House novels and other related novels by Mary Alice Monroe. Really look forward to her books when a new one comes out. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Yes, I especially enjoy reading books in a series. When you finish one you always know there's another. Except when the series ends, which I don't like.

@proudlyfromNJ 

LOL, I know what you mean   ... right now there's a few authors that I wish would WRITE FASTER ...  so far, I have resisted writing to any of them to please do so.   Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The Three Sister Island Series by Nora Roberts

I love Nora Roberts books and have read many of her book series.

Super Contributor

As a kid I spent a lot of time reading library books.  Our community library was set up kind of by age, so you worked your way around the shelves (no Dewy Decimal System). . .So I read books by series. . . Bobbsey Twins, Cherry Ames, Sue Barton, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Trixie Beldon, Zane Gray, Grace Livingston Hill. . . 

Super Contributor

Oh dear!  My mom (91) and I have been reading Miss Julia books for years.  In fact, my mom used to give annual book reviews for her Federated Women's Club with them.  She has them all (such an easy birthday/Mother's Day gift) and has shared them with many friends.  I'm 69, and have enjoyed every single Miss Julia installment, too.  My favorite is the initial novel, and one I often gift friends who are in the hospital or recovering.