Respected Contributor

When I visit my paperback exchange, I take my alphabetic listing of authors and the books I have already read by them.  This helps me not buy something I have already read.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

Highly recommend re-reading Harry Potter . I have read the series about ten times over.

Other than childrens books (the Ginny series by Catherine Wooley, All of a Kind Family by Sydney Taylor) I haven't read an adult book series more than once.

Respected Contributor

I am slowly rereading a book series  I loved as a child. It just makes me feel nastalgic. i have not had time tho for there are so many books I want but no time lol

Trusted Contributor

I'm really enjoying this thread.  I am definitely a re-reader.  A couple of years ago I re-read all of the ****** Francis books and all of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books.  I have been planning to re-read Sue Grafton next and just saw the post about her death in this forum. 

When I get completely disgusted with some of the current books I've read for my book club, it refreshes my brain to re-read something I already know I love and enjoy.

It's almost time to read Tolkien's Lord of the Rings again -- the power and beauty of what he accomplished never ceases to amaze me.  I feel sort of sorry for friends who only saw the movies -- they think battles and monsters are all that is there.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, @Honeybit.  Some of the series I enjoy were started 10-15-20 years ago.  It's nice to go back and remember how it all began, with characters I know and love.

Trusted Contributor

@withaK wrote:

Highly recommend re-reading Harry Potter . I have read the series about ten times over.

Other than childrens books (the Ginny series by Catherine Wooley, All of a Kind Family by Sydney Taylor) I haven't read an adult book series more than once.

@withaK - Oh wow, the Ginny books!  I haven't thought about them in decades.  I used to love them and the All of a Kind family books were some of my favorites too..  Thanks for the memories!