Frequent Contributor

Do you make a TBR (To Be Read) list each month?

[ Edited ]

Hello bookworms!

Does anyone else make a TBR (to be ready) list each month?  I keep a journal and will dedicate a page each month to writing down a list of books I would like to read, then check them off if I complete them.  I also usually pull those books off my shelf and put them in a pile by the bed.  I don't always stick to the TBR and usually don't finish all the books I chose, but I like structuring my reading like this.  Honestly, it's been a good excuse to go through my shelves at the start of the month, revisit what I already have, and decide what to read, what books fit the season, what books fit my mood, etc.  It's helped me read more and finish a few books that I've had for a long time.

Question:  I know that there is already the "what did you read" blog post every month on the QVC blogs, but would anyone be interested in a "What's on your TBR list this month" type post? 

I think it would be fun to post our TBR list, and then if other people have read something on the list they could pipe up and offer suggestions about what books we picked that are really awesome and should be on the top of the pile.  Also, if a few people are planning to read the same book that month, maybe it would spark off it's own conversation as they read and discussed. 

Would you be interested in a TBR blog post starting for the month of October, or do you think it's too similar to the what did you read blog post that already goes on?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you make a TBR (To Be Read) list each month?

I stack fiction by author, and non-fiction by subject

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Interesting.   

I would never structure my reading and document my progress.  I read for pleasure.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I personally would not be interested in a seperate thread. My TBR list has hundreds of books on it, comprised of many different authors, containing stand alone and book series. It's constantly evolving, where I am adding new books and subtracting books. The majority of the books that I read are obtained from the library.  I have authors that I am loyal to and I also receive many ideas from the existing "What you have read thread".  I would also like to point out that we do have interactions with each other in regards to books that we have read. 

Irregardless of what I think, if this is something that you are interested in we are all free to start threads in the Book Forum.  I would just ask that if you do start a monthly TBR thread, that you make sure that you keep the tittle clear so that other readers are not confused. 

We are all lovers of books or we would not participate in this forum. I would also hate to think of dividing our forum which in my opinion is the best one around here. (smile)   Sunla (sp) did an excellent job of moderating this forum for years, and I have recently stepped in to keep it going for our group of loyal readers.

Trusted Contributor

I keep a list on one of the back pages of my planner of books TBR.  I indicate whether or not I have them on hold at the library.  These are usually books by my favorite suthors that are yet to be published.  I also keep a list of books that I plan to load onto my kindle for my next cruise. 

Trusted Contributor

I keep a list on my kindle of books I want to read from Amazon. Sometimes I change my mind,but it's helpful when I'm looking for something new to read

Respected Contributor

I think a TBR post would be too similar to a "what are you reading" post.   Even in that thread posters are free to list what they want to read.  And often people do say they are putting something on their TBR read list based on someone elses review of a book.  I find the comments more helpful than just seeing a list.  

Respected Contributor

What @icezeus @says works for me.  LM

Honored Contributor

The only list I have is my list of books on hold at the library.  The limit you can have on hold is 25 books.  I read about 6 books a week so I would spend way too much time deleting and adding to my a list.  Yesterday went to the library on my lunch break took back three and walked out with 10 and put with the five I still had at home.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."