Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Prefer to Read an E-reader or Book?

LOVE books!  Everything about a book.  I have read all of my life.  When I was young, I was so curious, I read encyclopedias!

Respected Contributor

please read good old fashon books people.this is job security for me

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Prefer to Reado an E-reader or Book?

[ Edited ]

I miss book covers but I read almost exclusively on one of the iPads.  I can adjust the font size and the brightness, read in bed without annoying the husband and download books at midnight from the library or occasionally Amazon.  

It's convenient for traveling or for taking to appointments.  I can look up words with the tap of a finger.  It's easier on my wrists and fingers.  

Honored Contributor

I like both, for different reasons.  My kindle is great for traveling, and reading in low light situations. 

that said, I haven't been doing this at all lately.   I took a heavy hardcover book to an appt this morning and was wishing I had an ebook.  

Respected Contributor

Kindle is the best.  I cannot imagine trying to read the tiny print of a paperback.  Also getting rid of the books and the space they take up...I always hated getting library books not knowing where they had been and who touched them etc....yuk.

Respected Contributor

an E reader is nice to throw in your purse if you know you're going to be doing something like waiting in a doctor's office for a while; sometimes I wonder how we got along without them.

On the other hand, sometimes I want to flip back to a page in a book, and that's not easy in an E-reader, so sometimes I prefer the actual book.

Respected Contributor

I love books and have loved reading from the time I first learned to read. It is nice to get away from computers, tablets etc. and give my eyes a rest from lit up screens. So relaxing to sit on the porch with a good book or to read in bed before going to sleep.

I never go on vacation without a book to read while flying or

downtime in a hotel or on the beach in Bermuda.

Respected Contributor

I've owned a Kindle and could not get used to it so I gave to a friend.

I'm back to books and love them!!

Respected Contributor

Physical Real Books!  I just retired from 30 years in the book business and for me...it's the physical book presence that is my love.  Not only for keeping my peers employed, but I personally can't get past the audio books compared to a physical book.  To each their own; as long as we are all "reading", that's the goal!