Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Prefer to Read an E-reader or Book?

My Kindle. I can store a lot of books on it, and the Kindle is  convenient to take with me when I go for appointments. I don't have to pay for books, because I download them for free from the library. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Actual paper book. For some reason, I read faster and too much electronics gets to be too much electronics.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BOOKS! 

I love the feel of the paper and and I like the turning of the pages, and using cute bookmarks......And Im SO TIRED of screens!!! 

Upside Down Cat Reading Book Funny Mothers Day Card by Avanti Press  12615736052 | eBay

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I prefer real books, I haven't tried a kindle so I can't really give an opinion.  DH and I are very laid back people.  We never try to keep up with gadgets or electronics, we don't even have an Ipad.  I have to say though, I do find a sort of comfort in holding a book.

@Spurt, very funny picture!

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm a voracious reader and my Kindle is on of the best purchases I've ever made. I can adjust the light, font type and size. I can order a book at any time of day and have it in seconds, it is a reader's dream. I take it to all appointments , and it holds hundreds of books. Books are wonderful, but they take up a lot of space, and I can hold a library in my hand. I always purchase a cover, so it actually feels like a book. For me it is terrific. 

Me too!  Never thought I'd prefer my Kindle but for all the above reasons I do.  My old eyes love it, so easy to read especially at night in bed.  

Respected Contributor

I prefer a book.

Honored Contributor

Definitely paper..........and I'm running out of storage space.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

A book; love the feel, smell, cover. and other stuff.

The hardcover version if possible since it's more comfortable for my hands.

Haven't bought an e-reader yet but it's on my wish list.

Trusted Contributor

I like and read both but if I had to pick only one, I'd pick my Kindle (I would NOT read on an iPad or tablet - too hard on my eyes).

I love that I can take it anywhere and read in any position.  My favorite thing to do in the nice weather is lounge outside and read.  So much easier to do this with a Kindle, especially if it's a lengthy book.  I also usually have more than one book going at the same time and that's much easier to do that with a Kindle.

Also, while I do occasionally get books from my local library, it's a small town and doesn't have a huge selection.  I almost always get books on my Kindle from Boston Public Library which has so many more books.

I also like not having to store a ton of books.  I've lost track of how many times I've donated boxes full because my bookcase is out of space.

For any type of reference book or cook book, I prefer a hard cover.  I do sometimes miss the feeling of turning pages, etc., but I'd still pick an e-reader if I could only have one choice.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I suppose that I am an old dog that does not like new tricks.  I prefer to hold an actual book and turn the pages