Honored Contributor

Do You Prefer to Read an E-reader or Book?

I just saw a short TV feature where they claim e-readers are not nearly as popular as they were expected to be when introduced 15 years ago.  They pointed out this may have saved the publishing industry. 

Which do you prefer and why? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Prefer to Read an E-reader or Book?

I prefer an actual book.  I have enough books in the house to last me a lifetime so I don't anticipate purchasing any more so I am good.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Love, love , love my Kindle. It is lightweight, and I can have many books available on a small device. The biggest plus for me is the ability to adjust font and its size on a backlit screen. 

Honored Contributor

Definitely a Hard Cover Book. I like to look at the cover, feel the paper, put it down on my coffee table and look at it etc.

I don't use E-Readers at all..I also don't  like reading anything on my cell phone. I will go to my large screen to read whatever I want to research.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  A really good question. A few years ago I would have said I prefer books. But now I read on my iPad. The thing is, I can read several books at the same time without keeping a stack on my nightstand. It always opens to my last page, and I don't have to turn on the light. My eyes do get somewhat tired, but I'm not sure that would not have happened with regular books. I can also look up new words and research topics and physical items I'm not familiar with.

Honored Contributor

BOOKS

Because, I like flipping pages & the feel of book paper. 

I do my reading either propped up in bed or sitting on my patio (w/popcorn & margaritas) w/radio or my iPod Nano playing music in the background.

I also love my fancy bookmarks.  Most were gifts.

I find reading from a teeny tiny screen is NOT for me.  Books need no batteries, usb ports, charger, etc. Smiley Tongue 

Also, they are cheaper than reading gadets. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I'm a voracious reader and my Kindle is on of the best purchases I've ever made. I can adjust the light, font type and size. I can order a book at any time of day and have it in seconds, it is a reader's dream. I take it to all appointments , and it holds hundreds of books. Books are wonderful, but they take up a lot of space, and I can hold a library in my hand. I always purchase a cover, so it actually feels like a book. For me it is terrific. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

100% BOOKS.....

i have never owned an e reader and i dont purchase books online to read online.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I love the feel of turning the pages of a book.

Honored Contributor

I also like the feel of a book and it doesn't break if you drop it.  I have vision problems and the e-reading is very hard on my eyes.  The time I spend on the boards and other online activities are so stressing, by bedtime I can hardly see. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment