Trusted Contributor

Discovered a new (thriller-police procedural) author

Don't you just love it when you pick up a book by an author unknown to you and you are just taken in by the story? Well, I am about 100 pages into Criminal Enterprise by Owen Laukkanen. I've never heard of him--I think this came onto my radar either from the Book Pages magazine that I pick up at my local library every month or from Book Bub. Either way, I'm glad that I strumbled onto this author. This is #2 in a series about Windermere/Stevens. I did not read #1, but am putting it on hold at the library right now, along with the other books in the series. You can read a synopsis of the story line anywhere you purchase your reads, so I won't bore you with it here, but I'm really taken in and am seriously considering staying up tonight to finish (I'm resting my eyes right now).

Valued Contributor

Re: Discovered a new (thriller-police procedural) author

Thanks so much for posting this author!  I just put 2 of his books on hold at my library, including Criminal Enterprises.  They are large print books, due to my aging eyes.  If I can see the print in the other books he wrote, then I will put them on hold, also.

Respected Contributor

Discovering a new author that delights is one of my life's great pleasures. 

Thanks for sharing.

Valued Contributor

I LOVE it, when I find new  writers,that I can read! When you said the title,I went to Amazon and checked out the writer, I put it on my  list so I don't forget to order it!