Super Contributor

Re: DOMINICK DUNNE'S SON WRITES A MEMOIR

Thanks for the heads up on this read @Oznell. The book sound intriguing. 

Noticed the book is popping up on many lists, so went ahead and placed a notify me on my Libby app. Happy Reading All!

Trusted Contributor

I just received this book this week from Amazon. I'm off of work this coming week and I can't wait to dive in.

What a talented family. Every single one of them are fascinating in their own right. I had no idea Griffin was Uncle Nicky on This is Us. Small world!

Fun fact, author John Irving is also in the photograph on the cover of Griffin's book. Not sure if there's a family relationship but wow, what company!

Super Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

I just received this book this week from Amazon. I'm off of work this coming week and I can't wait to dive in.

What a talented family. Every single one of them are fascinating in their own right. I had no idea Griffin was Uncle Nicky on This is Us. Small world!

Fun fact, author John Irving is also in the photograph on the cover of Griffin's book. Not sure if there's a family relationship but wow, what company!

Excellent @Linda0215 I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the book. I'm waiting on my library's Libby notify list for the ebook or audiobook. They did get the hard copy book in yesterday and it has a long waitlist already. Happy Reading!

Valued Contributor

I am in the middle of reading this book now.  Aside from its focus on the Dunne family, the book gives a vivid picture of Hollywood in the 60s. There are many familiar Hollywood and other celebrity names through out.

Trusted Contributor

@nwbabs wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

Excellent @Linda0215 I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the book. I'm waiting on my library's Libby notify list for the ebook or audiobook. They did get the hard copy book in yesterday and it has a long waitlist already. Happy Reading!

@nwbabs  Thank you!  I'll be sure to report back. I'm thinking it should be a great summer read. 

Honored Contributor

I would love to read his book..He was Vada's school girl heart throb in My Girl.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Griffin Dunne did an excellent job playing Uncle Nicky on the wonderful TV series 'This Is Us' that ended in 2022.

nickys wife this is us

@feline groovy 

Huh.  I had no idea that was him!  

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrels Are Trash wrote:

I used to see Griffin knocking around the Village in the later '80s. He was a cutie.🥰 

A CUTIE FOR SURE!!  He has that certain yummy something. 

That family is very interesting....

Honored Contributor

I just downloaded the book to my Kindle but haven't started it yet....hope it's good!