Honored Contributor

Re: DECEMBER 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

I have a question.  One of my husband's favorite authors is John Grisham.  Has Grisham published any new books this year and if so what are the titles? 

DH is an avid reader and I always purchase books as Christmas gifts to add to his well stocked library!

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Christmas Bookshop by Jenny Colman. Cute holiday read and love her books, set in Scotland.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

I have a question.  One of my husband's favorite authors is John Grisham.  Has Grisham published any new books this year and if so what are the titles? 

DH is an avid reader and I always purchase books as Christmas gifts to add to his well stocked library!

I just read his newest book a couple of months ago "The Judges List".  It is a sequel to "The Whistler".  Both excellent.  As your husband read John's youth books Theodore Boone?  If not I loved them and it so much fun reading about a 13 year old boy representing all his friends in Animal Court plus doing some real lawyer work on the side.  Great little series of books and not very long in comparison of the adult books.  All would be a great Christmas morning!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus thanks for your review of The Dark Hours.  I haven't read it yet.  But I will say I love Harry and I'm sad that he's been relegated to 2nd fiddle.  I have no problem with Renee but i think I would have liked it better if he had just started a new series with her.  As I said I haven't read this one yet and maybe I'll like it just fine.  "Everyone counts or no one counts."    

And you're right.  It's about time she stopped living in a tent.  I always thought it was too much of a gimmick anyway.  

Respected Contributor

I don't post here as often as I used to (and I can't get used to the other site).   I've also been kind of busy and don't read as much as I used to either.  But I just finished The Lincoln Highway and I was disappointed.  It started out strong and then veered off course.  Very little about the highway.  And it seemed too much like a YA book to me.  I loved A Gentleman In Moscow.  One of the best endings ever.  I didn't care for the ending of this one.  Well, I still gave it 3 stars.  It's well written but the story is actually kind of boring.     

Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@icezeus thanks for your review of The Dark Hours.  I haven't read it yet.  But I will say I love Harry and I'm sad that he's been relegated to 2nd fiddle.  I have no problem with Renee but i think I would have liked it better if he had just started a new series with her.  As I said I haven't read this one yet and maybe I'll like it just fine.  "Everyone counts or no one counts."    

And you're right.  It's about time she stopped living in a tent.  I always thought it was too much of a gimmick anyway.  

@smoky22 

I have good news for you.  I am a member of Michael Connelly's fan page, so we receive e-mails about upcoming books and such. Last nights message was that In 2022 there will be a Ballad and Bosch story that will be a sequel to The Dark Hours, but Harry will be in the lead role. 

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

I just read his newest book a couple of months ago "The Judges List".  It is a sequel to "The Whistler".  Both excellent.  As your husband read John's youth books Theodore Boone?  If not I loved them and it so much fun reading about a 13 year old boy representing all his friends in Animal Court plus doing some real lawyer work on the side.  Great little series of books and not very long in comparison of the adult books.  All would be a great Christmas morning!!

@beckyb1012 

I am on the waiting list for The Judges List. I have not read John Grisham  for many years so I had no idea that this was a sequel. I am currently number 48 and have been on the list since November. Do I have to read The Whistler to enjoy The judges List?

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@beckyb1012 

I am on the waiting list for The Judges List. I have not read John Grisham  for many years so I had no idea that this was a sequel. I am currently number 48 and have been on the list since November. Do I have to read The Whistler to enjoy The judges List

I would go ahead if it is available for you to read if you are waiting anyway for the next book. It does not pick up immediately after the first book.  Not really imperative but it does have some incidents that happen to her.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I have read about 6 books,none worth mentioning! The one good one I read was LED ZEPPELIN by Bob Spitz. It gets very long and you'd have to be a big fan to get through it,but I enjoyed it. I honestly don't know how any of them survived the drugs and alcohol. My only regret is that I never got to see them live,but,I have seen Robert Plant a few times,he can still sing better than anyone his age.

Respected Contributor

Today I finished Game on-Tempting Twenty-Eight by Janet Evanovich.  It was another good Stephanie Plum novel with lots of humor.  I have read this whole series, some are better than others.