Valued Contributor

Re: DECEMBER 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

@WVRhyter 

Just finished Go Tell The Bees... last night and was sad when it ended.  Decided too to reread the whole series since it has been out for such a long time and there were many things that I had forgotten about.  I have watched all of the seasons of the TV show and feel like the production company has done a great job of bringing the books to life.  Next month is the start of the next season, I think.  

Respected Contributor

DNF The Venice Sketchbook by Rhys Bowen.  Typical dual timeline (past and present), relative having  to find something in a foreign city after  their relatives death.  I think I'm burned out on these types of books.  Time to move on.

Honored Contributor

I just finished listening to  One Good Dog by Susan Wilson.

I enjoyed it very much, although it was a different book than I expected.  Dog and man save one another.......it's an emotional roller coaster ride.  

I am currently listening to The Dog I Loved by Susan Wilson. 

Still reading The Cranberry Inn by Barbara Josselsohn and enjoying it. 

Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2022!   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

I just want to wish all those that  take the time to post here a Happy New Year. I read many good books this year just from your reviews. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I just finished reading - A Year on Lady Bug Farm - Donna Ball

This is such a charming book --- I really loved it!

I just looked on line and it seems this is the first in a whole series of books about the 3 ladies of Lady Bug Farm.

I won't give too much away but for those who may be interested in what I call a "cozy" read -  three women, best friends, are in their 50's and need a change.  They decide to purchase a very old, very rundown, very large, house and property and give it a go for a year! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I just want to thank you all for taking the time to post here.  You've opened my reading world to many books and authors  I might not have read. 

I wish you a healthy and joy filled 2022!  

2022 Pictures | Download Free Images on Unsplash

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@catmama wrote:

@WVRhyter 

Just finished Go Tell The Bees... last night and was sad when it ended.  Decided too to reread the whole series since it has been out for such a long time and there were many things that I had forgotten about.  I have watched all of the seasons of the TV show and feel like the production company has done a great job of bringing the books to life.  Next month is the start of the next season, I think.  

What channel would that be on?

Respected Contributor

Read in 2 days Brian Rouff's The House Always Wins set in Vegas of course.  It's been sitting on my shelf for 3 years and no idea why I didn't pick it up sooner.  I really enjoyed it.

Valued Contributor

@Judaline 

I think Starz, but not certain.. I've watched the past seasons on Prime but don't know when the new one will be available there.  

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I just finished reading - A Year on Lady Bug Farm - Donna Ball

This is such a charming book --- I really loved it!

I just looked on line and it seems this is the first in a whole series of books about the 3 ladies of Lady Bug Farm.

I won't give too much away but for those who may be interested in what I call a "cozy" read -  three women, best friends, are in their 50's and need a change.  They decide to purchase a very old, very rundown, very large, house and property and give it a go for a year! 

@AngelPuppy1  I think if you read the rest of the books you will enjoy them too. I read them a couple of years ago and enjoyed them all. They are as you say "charming."

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx