Esteemed Contributor

DECEMBER 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

Let's finish the year strong. What books are you currently enjoying?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DECEMBER 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

I am currently reading The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly.

I expected to finish tonight, but I am feeling pretty tired, so I will have to wrap this up tomorrow. I am loving this book. 

Respected Contributor

I just finished Michael Connelly's Dark Hours and I am either going to start tomorrow reading David Baldacci's Mercy or Thomas Perry's Left Handed Twin.  They are both two week books that cannot be renewed at the Library so they are first on my stack.

Honored Contributor

I'm currently reading Peril by Bob Woodward. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished The Weekend Away by Sarah  Alderson, very good book!   Just when you think all is wrapped up, Surprise the author throws in an ending that is disgusting but heartbreaking as well!

Respected Contributor

Just finished my first book in December.  Hidden Treasures by Michelle Adams. It was just an okay book. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I just finished Michael Connelly's Dark Hours and I am either going to start tomorrow reading David Baldacci's Mercy or Thomas Perry's Left Handed Twin.  They are both two week books that cannot be renewed at the Library so they are first on my stack.

@KathyM23 

I feel your pain. I always have several books at home from the library. Whenever I pick up a newer release. (The Dark Hours)  I will stop my other books to read whatever has to be returned immediately. I have a system. LOL

Honored Contributor

Just finished The Therapist, and I enjoyed it~ It was one of those books where everyone is a suspect, but I did guess the correct person before the ending!!!!!

It was a fast read, and I have read all of B.A. Paris's other books in the past and have enjoyed them...

I am now starting Missing Parts, by Lucinda Berry!

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @icezeus  , for starting this month's thread. 

I listened to The Return, by Nicholas Sparks.  I listened, but it wasn't really good, imo.   It was S  L  O  W moving.........a disappointment. 

With the Thanksgiving holiday and traveling, I haven't really read much on the book I started a while back. 

I'm currently listening to Wake My Heart, by Lydia Michaels. I just started listening, so far so good. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Dark Hours A Renee Ballard and Harry Bosch Novel by Michael Connelly. I absolutely enjoyed this book. It's the fourth book in this series, and in my humble opinion the best.

For those that are familiar with the series, I cannot be the only one that is happy that Renee is no longer living in a tent on the beach. I don't care how much of a free spirit you are, no person with a real job (police officer) is living on the beach when she is off work. 

As usual you have two different crimes that are being investigated. Harry was not as prominent in this book, but I was ok with that. The series star is Renee, and Harry is getting long in the tooth for the entire series. It's time for him to take a less active roll. 

I was not thrilled with the ending of the epilogue, but I will just have till wait for book 5 to have my answer.