Honored Contributor

Re: DECEMBER 2021 LET'S HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE READING

The Wish by Nicholas Stark.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

I recently listened to Wake My Heart by Lydia Michaels. I recommend it! 

I recently read Winter House by Joanne DeMaio.  As with all her other books, I enjoyed this one too.   It was a sweet book. 

I am currently reading The Cranberry Inn by Barbara Josselsohn.  I've not read anything by this author before. So far, I am enjoying it. Smiley Happy 

Currently listening to One Good Dog by Susan Wilson. I've not read anything by Susan Wilson before, but I LOVE books involving dogs. So, we'll see..............

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I'm currently reading Peril by Bob Woodward. 

I just finished The Premonition by Michael Lewis.  Excellent as are most of his books.  I am starting Peril as soon as I can get it to load on my kindle.

Valued Contributor

I have just begun Nightmare Alley by William Lindsay Gresham. The trailers of the movie with Bradley Cooper look interesting; however, our local theater closed last summer.

I usually enjoy the book more than the film, anyway.

I also read The Fall of Princes (Robert Goolrick)

Troubled Blood (Robert Galbraith) and The Engineer's Wife

{Tracey Enerson Wood} The last covered the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.  Very interesting and well-written

Next up: The Second Mrs. Astor (Shana Abe)

Respected Contributor

Just finished This Day by Blanka Lipinska.  It's the sequel to 365 Days which is also a Netflix movie.  It was definitely erotic.  It kept me reading.  I hate endings that are open and I don't have any idea what's next. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@smoky22 wrote:

@icezeus thanks for your review of The Dark Hours.  I haven't read it yet.  But I will say I love Harry and I'm sad that he's been relegated to 2nd fiddle.  I have no problem with Renee but i think I would have liked it better if he had just started a new series with her.  As I said I haven't read this one yet and maybe I'll like it just fine.  "Everyone counts or no one counts."    

And you're right.  It's about time she stopped living in a tent.  I always thought it was too much of a gimmick anyway.  

@smoky22 

I have good news for you.  I am a member of Michael Connelly's fan page, so we receive e-mails about upcoming books and such. Last nights message was that In 2022 there will be a Ballad and Bosch story that will be a sequel to The Dark Hours, but Harry will be in the lead role. 

@icezeus  I just finished The Dark Hours and enjoyed it very much.  It is the best Ballard/Bosch to date.   I guess she's growing on me.  I do feel that Harry's appearances were a little forced (just to keep him in the mix).   Really looking forward to the next one.  I am a huge fan of the way Michael Connelly writes.  Sorry you couldn't get into The Black Box.  Apparently it's the subject matter.   I've read all the Harry Bosch books.  I had to look it up on Goodreads to see I gave it 5 stars.  I probably give 5 stars to every Harry Bosch book, lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just wrapped up The Whistler by John Grisham. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I have not read a John Grisham book in over 20+ years. The book started off slowly, but once it started to rev up, it did not slow down.

I am now on to read The Judges List by John Grisham

Respected Contributor

Nicholas SPARKS.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

The Wish by Nicholas Stark.

I just picked that up at the library yesterday and read a couple of pages and forced myself to put it down.  This weekend is going to be another 4 day weekend so I decided to save for the occasion.  Otherwise, I would be done by New Year's Eve morning.  I love Sparks' books.  Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Verity by Colleen Hoover

Rock, Paper, Scissors by Alice Feeney