Respected Contributor

Re: Cozy/Mystery Series Suggestions

@BornToShop wrote:

Love Elaine Viets Dead End Job mystery series; it is my all-time favorite.  Takes place in South Florida.  

I LOVE this series. I love the place Helen lives and the cast of characters. The environment is as much of a character as the people.

I also enjoy:

• *Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mysteries. On What Grounds is the first book.
  • *Alice Kimberly's Haunted Bookshop series. The Ghost and Mrs. McClure is the first book.
  • E. J. Copperman's Mysterious Detective series (Brand new, book two just came out this year.) Written Off is the first book.
  • T. E. Kinsey's Lady Hardcastle Mysteries. Quiet Life in the Country is the first book.
  • P. J. Brackston's Brothers Grimm Mysteries. Gretel and the Case of the Missing Frog Prints is the first book. 
  • Frankie Bow's Professor Molly mysteries. The Case of the Defunct Adjunct is the first book.
  • Kerry Greenwood's Phryne Fisher/Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Cocaine Blues is the first book. 
  • Ben Rehder's Blanco County Mysteries. Buck Fever is the first book. (Fans of Carl Hiaasen will love him.)
  • Rhys Bowen's Her Royal Spyness mysteries. Her Royal Spyness is the first book.
  • Kasey Michaels' Maggie Kelly mysteries. Maggie Needs An Alibi is the first book. If you enjoyed the movie Enchanted or the show Remington Steele, I think you will enjoy these books.

If you like animals, you may enjoye Rita Mae Brown's mysteries. She has two different mystery series:

• Mrs. Murphy Mysteries (Mrs Murphy is a cat) Wish You Were Here is the first book.
  • Sister Jane Arnold (that's a nickname, she's not a nun.) Outfoxed is the first book.

*Both Cleo Coyle and Alice Kimberly are pen names for the same authors, a husband and wife team who coauthor all of the books.

Contributor

I enjoy the mystery series by Diane Mott Davidson, featuring Goldy Shultz, who is raising a son on her own after a bad marriage & divorce while starting a catering business. The business often leads Goldy into the middle of crimes that she helps to solve. The stories are light & include humor too. The best part is the description of foods Goldy makes as she caters and includes recipes for many of the dishes she creates. The first in the series is titled Catering to Nobody.

Contributor

Hi - I have been reading the Hannah Swensen series by Joanne Fluke and am so enjoying it.  I watch the movies made about this series on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel and thought I’d try the books.  Last weekend I read one of the Christmas books and completed it in one afternoon because it was so good.  The other Cozy mystery series I have read Is Murder She Wrote.  I’m going to have to try some of the others like the Tea Shop series mentioned. 

Esteemed Contributor

The Lady Gold mystery series by Lee Strauss is a very good.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Contributor

Try the Flavia DeLuce series by Alan Bradley.  The books are wonderful.

P.S. GO TIGERS!

Respected Contributor

Maybe this has been mentioned, but I didn’t notice it: the Aunt Dimity series by Atherton. There are quite a few in the series.