Super Contributor

Re: Cozy/Mystery Series Suggestions

I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but I enjoy the cozies by Betty Hechtman.

She writes the Crochet Mysteries and the Yarn Retreat Mysteries.

I also like the Jana DeLeon series, The Miss Fortune Mysteries.

If you are looking for laugh out loud funny, give these two authors a try.

Honored Contributor

@michigangirl723

What makes a mystery "cozy" for you?

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love the Flavia De Luce series by Alan Bradley. I'd recommend it to anybody, even non mystery readers.

"From Book 1: BONUS: This edition contains a The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie discussion guide and an excerpt from Alan Bradley's The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag.

It is the summer of 1950–and at the once-grand mansion of Buckshaw, young Flavia de Luce, an aspiring chemist with a passion for poison, is intrigued by a series of inexplicable events: A dead bird is found on the doorstep, a postage stamp bizarrely pinned to its beak. Then, hours later, Flavia finds a man lying in the cucumber patch and watches him as he takes his dying breath.

For Flavia, who is both appalled and delighted, life begins in earnest when murder comes to Buckshaw. “I wish I could say I was afraid, but I wasn’t. Quite the contrary. This was by far the most interesting thing that had ever happened to me in my entire life.”
"

There are eight novels so far so you can really get stuck in. Lots of fun and very clever British mysteries.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

Try T. E Kinsey. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite topic. I read so many reviews of cozies over on Amazon that I never do any serious reading.

Trusted Contributor

I read lots of cozy mysteries, and here are two more authors that I haven't seen mentioned:  Laurien Berenson, who writes the Dog Show mystery series (the first one is A Pedigree To Die For), and Louise Penny, who writes the Inspector Gamache Three Pines series (the first one is Still Life.)

Frequent Contributor

I really like M.C Beaton, also the Hamish McBeth character . I have read all the Lillian Jackson  Braun "Cat who series. Very good.

Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorites is the Samantha Sweet series by Connie Shelton.

Also like the Death by Chocolate series by Sally Berneathy.

While not what I would consider a cozy mystery, I also enjoy the Lisa Jackson Alverez and Pescoli series (Left to Die, Expecting to Die, Deserves to Die, and a few more "to Die" titles.  Takes place in Montana.

Trusted Contributor

I just started reading “Kylie Berry Mysteries” by A. R. Winters and really enjoying it. First book is “A Berry Deadly Welcome.”  Surprisingly, it’s really well written. Give it a try.  Smiley Happy

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

My all time favorite if you are a dog lover is the Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries by Donna Ball. She has a couple of other series but this is my favorite.