Regular Contributor

Re: Cozy/Mystery Series Suggestions

[ Edited ]

@Kitlynn @LoriLori @stevieb @jlkz

Thanks so much for all the help! So many series I've never tried...so excited. On Amazon right now!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite is the Gaslight mystery series by Victoria Thompson.  This is historical fiction and I find the series to be very interesting.

I read many book series, so here are my other favorites:

Susan Kiernan-Lewis:  The Maggie Newberry Mysteries and Stranded in Provence mysteries.

M. L. Hamilton:  Peyton Brooks Series, Peyton Brooks FBI series, Zion Sawyer Cozy Mystery Series

Lucy Burdette Key West Mystery Series

Patricia Greenwood's Wisteria Tea Room mysteries

These are just a few of the ones that I really enjoy.  Some are free and some are quite expensive.  I generally start at Book 1 to see if I will like the series.  I stop reading them when they get stupid.  These books are really good.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@michigangirl723 wrote:

Thanks so much for all the help! So many series I've never tried...so excited. On Amazon right now!!!

You're quite welcome.  Many here read cozies (I do too) so it comes up a lot.  In the second link I provided there are links to sites about cozy mysteries. 

I especially recommend cozy-mystery.com, which I learned about on that thread, because there are lists by theme, whether it be holidays or knitting or whatever.  It's a fabulous resource.  The site owner used to post here, maybe still does?

https://www.cozy-mystery.com/

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@michigangirl723 wrote:

You're quite welcome.  Many here read cozies (I do too) so it comes up a lot.  In the second link I provided there are links to sites about cozy mysteries. 

I especially recommend cozy-mystery.com, which I learned about on that thread, because there are lists by theme, whether it be holidays or knitting or whatever.  It's a fabulous resource.  The site owner used to post here, maybe still does?

I use this site all the time and have for several years! It is wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

I use this site all the time and have for several years! It is wonderful!

Isn't it?  I forgot to mention it also gives you the order of all of the series.  It's so convenient and terrific.  None better Smiley Happy   So grateful to whoever posted it.

Frequent Contributor

I have just discovered the Mudbug series by Jana DeLeon. Centered around a cranky ex-mother-in-law who returns as a ghost seen only by her ex-daughter-in-law, funny and heartwarming.  Check it out!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitlynn, Steve Demaree writes the Dekker cozy mystery series.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Love Elaine Viets Dead End Job mystery series; it is my all-time favorite.  Takes place in South Florida.  

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Kitlynn, Steve Demaree writes the Dekker cozy mystery series.  

Thank You I fixed it! I knew that and am friends with him on face book. This is one of my favorite series. I had Dekker on the brain. LOL 

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

Love Elaine Viets Dead End Job mystery series; it is my all-time favorite.  Takes place in South Florida.  

I enjoy this series too... Her other series, Mystery Shopper, is also fun...

I also enjoy the aforementioned Gaslight series... While sometimes a bit darker and ostensibly more 'literary' I also enjoy Anne Perry's novels from the same era, both her Pitt and Monk series...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...