Respected Contributor

@LoriLori  That will be great.  I look all the time to see if there's a new one out.    They may have to be on my reread list.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cormoran Strike miniseries coming to Cinemax in June

Thanks so much for posting this, @LoriLori.  I'll look forward to watching it.  BTW, if the actress playing Robin looks familiar to any of you, she played Lucrezia Borgia in the show "The Borgias" that was on a few years ago.  She was gorgeous in that show.

Trusted Contributor

I am bumping this thread back up to the top, to let fans of the books know that the 5 part tv mini-series will start on Cinemax on June 1st, at 10 pm.  Details are provided by @LoriLori in the first post of the thread.  Set your DVRs now!

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover, bumping it again -- I forgot all about it and only just noticed it's tonight.  I saw it on the guide, thank goodness.  

Honored Contributor

Ratz...I don’t get that channel🙁

Respected Contributor

I watched the first episode.  I liked it.  The two lead actors are perfect.  Unfortunately my free trial on Cinemax ends Monday.  I don't watch any of the premium channels enough to make it worthwhile keeping them.  I hope those of you who have the channel enjoy the series.  

Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

I watched the first episode.  I liked it.  The two lead actors are perfect.  Unfortunately my free trial on Cinemax ends Monday.  I don't watch any of the premium channels enough to make it worthwhile keeping them.  I hope those of you who have the channel enjoy the series.  

@smoky22, I watched this afternoon.  I agree that the actors playing Robin and Strike were perfect, but although it closely follows the book I found the tv version dull and boring.  So that settles that, cancelling Cinemax tomorrow.  I have no desire to see the other six hours, it bored me so much.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@smoky22 wrote:

@smoky22, I watched this afternoon.  I agree that the actors playing Robin and Strike were perfect, but although it closely follows the book I found the tv version dull and boring.  So that settles that, cancelling Cinemax tomorrow.  I have no desire to see the other six hours, it bored me so much.

Wow @LoriLori  This really surprises me.  I think the first episode was  kind of a get-to-know the characters setup.  I thought the photography was well done, too.  Well, neither one of us will be seeing the rest of it then.  

Honored Contributor

@smoky22, because of your post I'm going to watch again and see if I feel differently about it.  

Contributor

@LoriLori Thank you for letting us know! Just logged in to the MaxGo app, & the first episode is available!  I'm assuming that it's probably available on demand too.