Honored Contributor

Cormoran Strike miniseries coming to Cinemax in June

This is JK Rowling's ("Robert Galbraith") series of three crime novels with the private detective Cormoran Strike and his temp-turned-assistant Robin. 

There are three books and seven hour-long episodes:  The Cuckoo's Calling (three episodes), The Silkworm (two episodes) and Career of Evil (two episodes).  The last one begins tonight in UK, two episodes.  

Cinemax will show all three beginning June   The ones that have aired have received very good reviews in the UK, and it's been reported JK Rowling contributed to the scripts.

For some weird reason the series is called "Strike" in the UK but will be called "C.B. Strike" here.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cormoran Strike miniseries coming to Cinemax in June

Thanks for the heads up lori.  Please remind us when it gets closer as I seem to have trouble remembering what I did 5 minutes ago.

My phone (notes) is so filled now I'm even loosing track of that one!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, promise.  I have to remember myself, because I have to order Cinemax.  

Honored Contributor

Rats.  I just hate to add another channel to my cable bill:/

I’ll have to look up the cast.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy, here's the full cast list from IMDB. 

Strike doesn't look at all like I imagined him.  I don't think I've heard of any of the cast, unless I've seen them and don't know it.

C.B. Strike on IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4276618/

Honored Contributor

While Strike doesn’t look like how I pictured him, that actor looks like a decent choice.  Disheveled and not handsome.

The casting of Robin seems good👍🏻

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori I really like the books bu tI don't get cinemax Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Yahooeywrote:

@LoriLori I really like the books bu tI don't get cinemax Smiley Sad

@Yahooey, I'm going to do what I did with Twin Peaks 2017 on Showtime -- order it and cancel it when the Strike episodes are over.  There are only seven, there are eighteen Twin Peaks.  And I haven't cancelled it yet because I still watch them LOL but this will be my motivation.

With Twin Peaks I remember there were other options than one's provider.  Amazon did a something that let you watch there for less than the price of Showtime.

Respected Contributor

I wish she'd write another book instead. Smiley Happy

I'm never happy with movies after I've read the books.  It just ruins my imagination, and is never in depth as the book.  

Unless it's something my husband wants to watch I avoid.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debicwrote:

I wish she'd write another book instead. Smiley Happy

I'm never happy with movies after I've read the books.  It just ruins my imagination, and is never in depth as the book.  

Unless it's something my husband wants to watch I avoid.

@debic, JK is still writing book four, "Lethal White," which  she said will be a lot longer than the other three.  And she has said there will be more than seven Strike books.

JK Rowling is perhaps the greatest multi-tasker ever!  She's involved in every production of her books including that of every Harry Potter movie and the Fantastic Beasts franchise which is still going on, the London hit stage show "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child," which she wrote, "The Casual Vacancy" miniseries (which was great) and Strike.

I know how you feel.  Film and tv adaptations almost always disappoint me.  But there are exceptions.  I loved the adaptation of her "Casual Vacancy." 

"Olive Kitteridge" and "Big Little Lies" are my favorite adaptations, both of which involved the authors.  Most of Strike has already aired in the UK with great reviews.