Honored Contributor

Re: Cookbooks: Do You Have a Favorite?

Hey, Hey,

Our NYT cookbook is battered and stained, but it’s been a trooper

and is always on the front line.  

I’ll post one of my favorite for people tomorrow.

~ Y’all Be Well - Be Safe ~

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Anything by Southern Living.  I have never had a failure with any of their recipies.  So confident that I have frequently used new ones when having guests.  Never a problem.

Respected Contributor

Better Homes and Garden's 65th anniversary edition . It is my go to because it is so well organized with markers. It has all of the nutritional info for each chapter on a file page then the recipes. If I can not find something fast in it I will go to the internet. But still I have many other cook books that I just can not part with. 

Valued Contributor

I'm a cookbook fanatic and have been collecting them since I was around 12 and that was well over 50 years ago, sad to admit.  :-)   I have a lot of the old classics but the ones I like a lot are the Junior League books, some B&B cookbooks, and the Taste of Home books. The recipes aren't too fancy and come from down-to-earth cooks so are usually quick, easy, don't have too many oddball ingredients, and almost always taste good.        

Valued Contributor

I agree the Taste of Home cookbooks have some good "go to" recipes, and (knock on wood) I've always had success with them!

This isn't a cookbook, per se, but a cooking reference. "The Science of Cooking".

i just received Diabla's Kitchen today. So while I haven't tried any recipients yet, I've been going through it and there's a good amount that I'm excited to try. (It is pescatarian). 

I love cookbooks, but tend to get many recipes off the internet. I would love to make a book of my favorites (just for my self), to reference and look up. I would have thought 2020 would have given me ample time to do so! 

Honored Contributor

@Mellyg I have binders filled with hand written recipes, torn out pages, and printed off favorites!