Honored Contributor

Chesapeake Shores - Sherryl Woods books

[ Edited ]

Has anyone read these books?  One is being made into a TV Movie for Hallmark Channel.  

==================  

Big news from Chesapeake Shores, everyone! Jesse Metcalfe, star of shows like Dallas and Desperate Housewives, has been cast as Trace Riley for the Hallmark Channel movie scheduled to start filming in September. And Treat Williams, whom I absolutely loved in Everwood, will play Mick O'Brien. Additional casting to be announced, but be sure to spread the word. We're just about ready to roll!!!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Chesapeake Shores - Sherryl Woods books

I love everything Treat Williams has been in, so I will be watching this.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have only read just a few and love them but there are a total of about 15 in that series.  My library does not have them all and I just do not buy books much any more due to a lack of space.  I still read anything new that comes in by her.

You can pull up the entire series list if you google it.  Happy Reading.  One day I will read this series from  Book 1. on -------------

With the holidays around the corner if you have not read the series of Thomas Kinkaide's (& Katherine Spencer) Cape Light you should.   There are about 15 of those  books as well.   Katherine is carrying on with this and another series without him.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I've read some of them. It's great that Hallmark is making shows/movies of some of the book series I enjoy. Now if my cable company would give me the Hallmark Murder & Mystery channel so I could watch the Hannah Swensen movies.
Honored Contributor

I downloaded book 1 the other night and and half way through.  For some reason, I think I might have read these.  They seem familiar.  I'll know when I get deeper into the list.

Not having read them yet, I am now picturing Jesse and Treat in the roles.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I've read all of them and thoroughly enjoyed them. Looking forward to the series. Thanks for the info. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

After seeing the two hour pilot from Season one repeated on the Hallmark Channel the other evening, I watched the rest of the series.  Chesapeake Shore is a good series - well written and well acted. IMDB people gives it an audience rating of 7.9 - good rating. The premiere of the second season is tonight and I am going to DVR the episode.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

just requested the 1st book

and downloaded another book from Hoopla by this author, reminds me Debbie MacComber 

I set up the DVR to watch,  

just found Season 1, on demand 

OK 5 minutes in  does not look like Maryland 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear I'm pretty sure they film in Canada.  The actors looked pretty cold during the lantern parade.

Honored Contributor

I loved the books. I've read all of them. 

I am enjoying the series.   No, it doesn't look like Maryland.  Sherryl Woods recently acknowledged that in an article.  She asked us to use our imaginations to overcome the discrepancies. Yes, it is filmed in Canada. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.