Super Contributor

Chapel Street by Sean Paul Murphy

How much did I like this book ... I downloaded the Kindle version from Amazon yesterday and finished it this afternoon.

If you have any interest in supernatural/mystery stories with romance/geneology/religion aspects, I highly recommend this book. I thought the characters were well written and, even though the story had lots of twists and turns, it was easy to follow and kept me wondering how it would end right to the very end.

Generally speaking, it's about a guy who has had a lot of unfortunate deaths in his family. Through geneology, he finds out that these types of deaths are nothing new to his family and leads him to unleashing a supernatural power that he and others have to try to defeat.

The author said his work on this book came from him growing up in a haunted house and having several family members who committed suicide ... and the ensuing family discussions about whether the those two things were connected.

That may explain why this story seems more believeable compared to a lot of similar types of books.

If you decide to give it a read ... I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chapel Street by Sean Paul Murphy

@Wahoogaz  If you like these types of stories you should read the true story "house of darkness, house of light" by Andrea Perron.   It's a true story about a family that grows up in a haunted house.  Andrea Perron was one of those children.  I found it intriguing and very interesting as I lived in the same town (  a stones throw away) from the actual house in RI for 15 years, luckily we were not visited by any ghosts!   I believe it's a 3 part series now, I only have read the first one and saw the movie "the Conjuring" which I believe is based on the second book and possibly the third.  I have to revisit this as I would read the third book if it wasn't included in the movie.   

Thnaks for your review of Chapel street.