Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can you Choose ONE Best Book You'd Recommend From 2018?

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@sunala wrote:

This is a tough one for me, but I'm going to stick to the topic and choose only one (although there were several).

Mine would be The Story of Arthur Truluv, by Elizabeth Berg. It had everything I love in a book: happiness, sadness, engrossing storyline, beautiful and interesting characters, and written by one of my VERY favorite authors.

Can you all name ONE of your favorite books you read in 2018?

Thank you, and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you lovely readers!

I like your choice, mine would have to be " Becoming" by Michelle Obama. I like to read books about people I admire.

@QVCkitty1- absolutely! Becoming will be one of my very favorite books of 2019. It's my favorite so far. Why did I cry so hard at the ending? Did you? I literally couldn't stop. Amazing book!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@sunala wrote:

This is a tough one for me, but I'm going to stick to the topic and choose only one (although there were several).

Mine would be The Story of Arthur Truluv, by Elizabeth Berg. It had everything I love in a book: happiness, sadness, engrossing storyline, beautiful and interesting characters, and written by one of my VERY favorite authors.

Can you all name ONE of your favorite books you read in 2018?

Thank you, and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you lovely readers!

I like your choice, mine would have to be " Becoming" by Michelle Obama. I like to read books about people I admire.

@QVCkitty1- absolutely! Becoming will be one of my very favorite books of 2019. It's my favorite so far. Why did I cry so hard at the ending? Did you? I literally couldn't stop. Amazing book!

@sunala I did, it was so moving.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

Where the Crawdads Sing is fabulous!  I just finished it last evening and I bsolutly loved it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Catiele wrote:
Thanks @ sunala for Arthur Trulove. It helped me through the most difficult time of my life.

hi @Catiele - well I'm glad Arthur Truluv was able to help you, but I'm so sorry you had to go through such a terrible time. I wish you better days ahead. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I already know that The Travelling Cat Chronicles will be one of  my favorite books in 2019. I can't say enough good things about this novel. Highly recommended, especially for cat lovers. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh......you must read "Beneath a Scarlet Sky" by Mark Sullivan and "The Cost of Courage" by Charles Kaiser.  Both are true stories about WW2. 

Also "The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah set during WW 2, but fiction.  All very riveting books.  Let me know how you liked them.

Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

Mine would be “Fear” by Bob Woodward 

The problem with this book, for me, is that the news had already released much of the juicy material before I read it. 

Respected Contributor

This book opened my eyes about a lot of untaught history.

1491 (Second Edition): New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus