Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can you Choose ONE Best Book You'd Recommend From 2018?

[ Edited ]

@AndiCat wrote:

The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg. Loved this story. 

@AndiCat- me too!

Did you read Night of Miracles by Elizabeth Berg? It's a sequel to Arthur Truluv. Excellent book!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

@sunala I just picked the book up from the library. I can't wait to start reading it.

Thank you for continuing to start this book thread. I get to learn about so many new books and authors from you and all the wonderful people who post here. Happy New Year. 

Trusted Contributor

I just added November Road to my library list.  

Thanks!

I looked over my list of library books for 2018.  I would not say it was my favorite of the year, but I am beginning to really like Fiona Davis and I now just automatically read her books when a new one comes out.  This year was The Masterpiece.  

Regular Contributor

The Best Book I would recommend from my 2018 reading would be Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly. I can't believe I waited so long to read it! 

Esteemed Contributor

@AndiCat wrote:

@sunala I just picked the book up from the library. I can't wait to start reading it.

Thank you for continuing to start this book thread. I get to learn about so many new books and authors from you and all the wonderful people who post here. Happy New Year. 

hi @AndiCat - I hope you will enjoy it. Please let us know!

And it's my pleasure to hang around our book board. It's like I inhale all these wonderful books.  Thank you all for being here!

Regular Contributor

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens followed by Kristen Hanna's The Great AAlone

Esteemed Contributor

@sward05 wrote:

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens followed by Kristen Hanna's The Great AAlone

@sward05- I'm on the waiting list but it's a really long list. Eventually I'll get to read it. So glad you enjoyed!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@sunala et al, what a great thread.  I think I would pick Duma Key by Stephen King.  He is such a great storyteller.  I can't believe I didn't pick up one of his books until just a few years ago.  I thought all he did was horror.  LM

@Lilysmom- I'm so happy you've discovered the other side of Stephen King. I've been a fan of his from the beginning. In those days I had the patience to read LONG books like The Stand and The Shining. Now I enjoy his books just as much (and even more, as in 11/22/63, which is my very favorite), but some of them aren't as creepy (or as long) as his old ones. You've got a LOT of reading to do, young lady!

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala, would you make some recommendations by Stephen King for me. I started with 11/22/63 which I also loved.

So far I have read

The Outsider

11/22/63

Mr. mercedes

End of Watch

Joyland

Dolores Claiborne

Duma Key

Finders Keepers

I think that is all of them.  I guess I should be looking for non horror Stephen King.  Thanks @sunala.  LM

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@sunala, would you make some recommendations by Stephen King for me. I started with 11/22/63 which I also loved.

So far I have read

The Outsider

11/22/63

Mr. mercedes

End of Watch

Joyland

Dolores Claiborne

Duma Key

Finders Keepers

I think that is all of them.  I guess I should be looking for non horror Stephen King.  Thanks @sunala.  LM

When you have lots of time read The Stand by SK.  One of my favs.