Esteemed Contributor

Can you Choose ONE Best Book You'd Recommend From 2018?

This is a tough one for me, but I'm going to stick to the topic and choose only one (although there were several).

Mine would be The Story of Arthur Truluv, by Elizabeth Berg. It had everything I love in a book: happiness, sadness, engrossing storyline, beautiful and interesting characters, and written by one of my VERY favorite authors.

Can you all name ONE of your favorite books you read in 2018?

Thank you, and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you lovely readers!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Can you Choose ONE Best Book You'd Recommend From 2018?

@sunala wrote:

This is a tough one for me, but I'm going to stick to the topic and choose only one (although there were several).

Mine would be The Story of Arthur Truluv, by Elizabeth Berg. It had everything I love in a book: happiness, sadness, engrossing storyline, beautiful and interesting characters, and written by one of my VERY favorite authors.

I like your choice, mine would have to be " Becoming" by Michelle Obama. I like to read books about people I admire.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

#1 hands down is Kristin Hannah's The Great Alone.  I read 69 books this year and this one was my favorite.  There were a few more also.

Respected Contributor

@sunala Thanks for starting this thread.  I'm going to put a library list together from it!  

Happy New Year!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to say this is really hard.. The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah.

Valued Contributor

Mine would be “Fear” by Bob Woodward 

Honored Contributor

"Ship of Fools" by Tucker Carlson.  One of my favorite people would be Alan Derschowitz.  I'm getting ready to read his latest book now.

Respected Contributor

I would also recommend The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah.  It was excellent. 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@sunala wrote:

I like your choice, mine would have to be " Becoming" by Michelle Obama. I like to read books about people I admire.

@QVCkitty1-  I'm on the last few pages of Becoming right now. I am savoring the ending like good chocolate because I don't want it to end. For reasons we all know, I won't go into the details of the book at all, except to say she wrote a beautiful memoir and I'm so glad that so many people are reading it and enjoying it.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@QVCkitty1-  I'm on the last few pages of Becoming right now. I am savoring the ending like good chocolate because I don't want it to end. For reasons we all know, I won't go into the details of the book at all, except to say she wrote a beautiful memoir and I'm so glad that so many people are reading it and enjoying it.

@sunala, I'm so glad you are enjoying it !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan